Help

Forum >> Help >> Weird Finance Update - Bug? Something different this week?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
@steve @all

My team is all minimal salary this year. Making money hand over fist all season as I prep my system for the future. Every Friday my finance report shows great increases in my $. However, today was very different. For some reason my finance chart turned sharply down and I lost money. I don't understand how that's even possible, given my low player salary totals.

Is there's something different/additional about this weeks finances that causes us to spend more money in the week than we normally do? Or did some kind of bug happen to me this week?

Steve, would you be so kind as to look at the finance report for my team and let me know if something went wrong?

Thanks!

Jeff

Updated Friday, September 22 2017 @ 9:57:59 am PDT
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@wickersty, You actually lose money of Fridays normally, it is throughout the week with home games that you gain money. If you didn't have many home games in the last week for the first time (this can happen due to scheduling quirks), then it may appear that you lost more money than normal, when it reality it was that you just didn't gain enough money in the last week to make what you have made in previous weeks. Also, if you went above a certain amount in the bank then you may be paying taxes now, I believe they start at 50 mil or so in reserves (though I have no clue where they start since I have been paying them since Steve implemented them in ~2024 iirc). I can't see your finances, but I'll check your schedule to see how many home games you had...

Edit: You had a grand total of one series for three home games last week, there is your culprit. No bug, just have to look at your schedule.

Updated Friday, September 22 2017 @ 10:07:18 am PDT

Updated Friday, September 22 2017 @ 10:07:45 am PDT
wil_m

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yea, the Schedule of Home Games can do this for sure.

One season I started with very little home games for the some reason. I did not have a large payroll or anything but due to the lack of many home games, I lost a lot of money.

But when I started to get my home games I rebounded quickly.

I think a team should have a healthy reserve of cash in case this happens.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Does that explain it for you?

Steve
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yup. I guess I just never noticed it before. Thanks guys.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
The schedule is based on rating ranking at the beginning on the season, and is the same layout for every #1 team in every division in every league, every #2 team in every division in every league, etc through #6. For example, iirc I started off the season with the #4 ranking in Legends East, if your team started off with the #4 in whatever division you may be in you will play home games on the same days as me against the same ranked opponents (at the start of the season) as I am playing, and same with on the road.

Theoretically this system provides the only incentive to possibly lose more games if trying to avoid what you might view as an unfavorable schedule coming out of a specific slot. It is extraordinarily risky to try to manipulate the standings this way though, as there is already so much RNG involved in winning games that it would be very difficult to pull off without relegating by accident.
wil_m

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yea, it all evens out over the season. Every team gets the same number of home games. ( deep cup runs will give a team more of course - but they earned it )

But a team can go through some financial update where in which they had fewer home games which means less income than normal.

But that just means that there will be some financial updates in the future where the team will get more home games than normal and more income.

It all evens out.

But I think good to have a nice reserve of cash to insulate those real time weeks when there are fewer home games. :-)

Updated Sunday, September 24 2017 @ 3:28:40 am PDT

Previous Page | Show All |