Help

Forum >> Help >> Need opinions   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I've got this 27yo outfielder, Tanner. I've been thinking of playing him instead of Madrid versus righties to get him some playing time. However, I'm beginning to wonder what purpose this would serve. Madrid, Sheppard, and Wyatt have a couple more years together at peak form in the outfield, and Gonzalez and Tucker are serviceable backups, and I've got Coronado coming next year, so what purpose would it really serve to develop Tanner? He's a nice player, but should I even bother? This is the first time I've really had too many players at one position, I don't know what to do in that situation. Is it best just to move on?
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I think that positional gluttony is probably what forces improving/better teams to place players on waivers that the rest of us are thrilled to snatch up.

If I were you, without knowing the rest of your team and minor league system, I would probably play Madrid full time for a 1-3 seasons and bring Coronado into the mix as he's ready, and use Tanner as a backup or release him.

But thats just me.
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
That's not just you Wick, I do not see the benefit to specifically developing Tanner. He's likely a career backup in your organization. Especially if you are trying to win in league or cup I wouldn't take the bat out of Madrid's hands. If you can use him as a bench player, cool, if not, cut him loose.

My 2 cents
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Tanner is cut bait for me, if you need roster space, otherwise keep him as a bench option.
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Tanner's not going to need a lot to get him up to his 96 SI, he might be worth holding onto in term of injuries or someone under performing and then he can get a shot. Not a great player, but unless you really need the room then give him a chance to impress!
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I do have a 111 SI backup sitting the bench though, so yeah, I'll probably cut him. He's no better than I can pull on waivers anyway I guess.

Previous Page | Show All |