Help

Forum >> Help >> Looking at hireing new team manager   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Spartan

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I have looked at new managers but all I can see is mostly a bunch of guys with a lot of experience all ratings at 10 and no reputation. Am I left to assume that the guys that cost a bunch are better than the cheap managers?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Nope. You need to look at their reputation ("He is a poor pitching teacher", etc.). Their true abilities reveal over the course of about 5 seasons. So you can't tell how good they are until they have been playing in the league for a couple years. Try to get guys with as many positive reports as possible, and prioritize what you think is important.

See this thread for projecting manager abilities.

The guys with no reputation are old managers who will never change (always all 10s). Generally you can find a new manager (with little or no experience) who is a better option.

Updated Wednesday, November 8 2017 @ 3:41:26 pm PST
Spartan

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thank you. So the list of high priced managers without a reputation simply means all there skills are average. My current manager does not look all that bad then (excellent teaching, good defense, above average hitting, unfortunately below average pitching)
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I actually don't think salary is tied to skills at all. I think its 100% performance/league level, and all salaries seem to rise over time with experience. So best to find a guy who has no experience but a good reputation. It can be a real pain searching through the managers though, and new ones pop up randomly through out the season. Your manager isn't too bad, and he is definitely fully revealed at this point, so no surprises. I'm bet you can do better, but it might take a lot of searching.
Spartan

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yes, I would like to find one that is good with pitchers also.

Previous Page | Show All |