Help

Forum >> Help >> Can some players become more injury prone over time?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Cody Schroder was fine the last two seasons injury-wise. A few here and there but nothing beyond the ordinary.

This season has been off-the-charts ridiculous for Cody. It has been injury after injury for him, but small periods... but back-to-back too! Two days of fatigue, a day of play, a day with wrist soreness, a day of play, three days of back tightness, etc. etc. He's never been like that before. And here he is, injured yet again. He just can't stay on the field!

It can't be coincidence. Is it possible for a player to become more injury prone over time? (I understand there's probably something in the code for a player to be more injury prone in general, but like I said, Cody was just fine the last two seasons.) This seems way, way too frequent to be simply bad luck.

Updated Friday, November 10 2017 @ 7:31:32 pm PST
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I suspect vulnerability to injury is a hidden trait.

It's possible it changes with the season flip (assuming it's actually a trait), though my injury prone guys tend to stay injury prone.

The player in question is a catcher. They eat all kinds of injuries. If he avoided them seasons past,that's great. And kind of lucky. I don't think it is on the player at all if he plays C and misses 40 games.
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball

And kind of lucky.

Huh. Guess I never considered that he just had a a good streak of health. Still, definitely seems one extreme to another. *shrug* We'll survive. I have a catcher in AAA I can call up on a moment's notice should I need it.
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I've noticed my injuries tend to happen to the same players, while others go unscathed.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Human beings are particularly skilled at picking patterns out of data that don't actually exist... For this reason, I am still a skeptical believer of the injury prone trait.

Previous Page | Show All |