Help

Forum >> Help >> Prospect training regression   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
munciestan

Walnut Creek Cardinals
IV.1

Broken Bat Baseball
This is the first time I have ever seen a player go down as a prospect. So, does this mean I shouldn't expect him ever to improve in either of these again?
Must not be common, right?
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Well, those scouting corrections aren't... super common? But they do happen at least what I would consider semi-regularly. Much more rare I would think would be the player that experiences a correction taking a stat down, followed later by another correction taking it back up.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
They are much more common in range, speed, and arm which are skills that the prospect doesn't actually grow in, as they are created with their value. BC is an alarming skill to see it in, because it means the scouting correction brought the skill down more than it improved through training, which is not something you want to see in young players. He likely will get that point back through training, but it means that player is training BC VERY slowly if at all.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, he will probably cap his BC at 7. His Range should remain at 15. Unfortunate to see the Range dip for a guy who is projected at SS. If I were you, I would be counting my blessings that I found out this guy's limitations so early before investing a lot of time in him. Looks like a career minor leaguer to me...

EDIT: Just noticed that he is a "Lemon"

Updated Friday, December 15 2017 @ 3:47:40 pm PST
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Its not a good sign for Lemon and I wouldn't be high on him, but if you're desperate for MI position help in the minors he and Compton will do. But you really need to train both at 2B, as they can both already play SS and dual eligibility is very useful.
munciestan

Walnut Creek Cardinals
IV.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks to all for your help and advice! Good to know now that his development is done. I'll use that info and watch out for this in the future.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
His BC dev might be done, but he is still developing overall. Also remember there is Training and Experience. It isn't clear to me exactly how these relate to the individual skills. But the down arrow does give you some pretty good data about the guy.
munciestan

Walnut Creek Cardinals
IV.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm just assuming with a 6 bat control, he's never going to hit well enough to play everyday. But I'll hang on to him for a season and see how he develops.
motko

Nauvoo The Great Horned Owl
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
I have a 21 year old Pitcher Montanez http://brokenbat.org/player/171140
POT 12 and just updated to skill index 36.
Is there any way he could be matured enough to make the majors when he is like 25-26 years old? And be useful?

I had a rule of thumb that skill index might go up around 10 / season. Roughly.
FreddyTheEye

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
It's possible but it doesn't look good.
Unless I had loads of room in the minors I'd look for a better prospect.
He is an underdeveloped lefty that is getting shelled. Long wait for a guy that may never be very useful imo.

Previous Page | Show All |