Help

Forum >> Help >> Spring Training(Games)   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I try to give everyone age 26 and under an equal shot at playing time during the spring. I don't know if there's any advantage in maximising PT for a select handful of players, but my average total of SI gains in training update #1 over seven seasons (didn't count it my rookie season, and won't include the mega update from this season) is around 33 gains. Which is pretty decent.
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I play still developing players. If they're capped out or almost, I do not give them ST reps. I trend towards the oldest minor leaguers but if you've got a 15 pot 17 year old in class A, you might want to consider making him a priority in ST as he's probably coming up early and likely part of your very bright future.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I basically play everyone with significant development all the way down to rookie ball. Would probably be smarter to focus on your star developing players.
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I focus mainly on guys I want to get in the lineup that season, then just fill it out with my few stars in the minors. Once I have more talent that strategy might change.
Jaybrams

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Reviving this thread as it's closest to what i was looking for. This is also my first spring training. In addition to the discussion above, what is everyone's approach on how often you change your ST lineups to rotate in other people throughout the 2 weeks of ST?
FreddyTheEye

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Not much at all is my general answer.

There will be injuries and subs made by the manager but my priority players mostly stay the same, save for a new draft pick or waiver score.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Didn't see much point in creating a new thread for this, but Spring Training this season will be my first time matched up against AP. The list of active forum posters I've played against continues to grow shorter. Still, much less fulfilling than being paired in the cup or league games.

Updated Monday, July 23 2018 @ 9:59:13 am PDT
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 Yep, I noticed that, too. Even if it’s just your kids versus my kids, it’ll still be interesting to see how they stack up against one another. Looking forward to it.
Jaybrams

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Interesting! I've got LostRaven, Crazy Li, and celtic4Warrior during Spring Training.
quanin

Cleveland Thunder
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I wish I had the time to be more active on the forums. that said... I don't think I have a single active participant on my ST schedule. Probably a good thing--I think I'm doing a teeny bit too much experimenting. Thank god ST doesn't count save for experience.

Previous Page | Show All |