Help

Forum >> Help >> Any advice for my first time in LL5?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I've got a young team (i.e., no expensive 30+ year olds) that has gelled together to decisively win their LL6 division. Anyone have any advice/thoughts/warnings for my first time entering LL5?

I of course expect the competition to be tougher... and I expect that my guys who were great this season might probably be just good or very good in LL5. But is the drop-off even more than that?

Looking forward to the next step... afraid I'm going to get devoured and bounced right back to LL6 :)

Thx

Jeff
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
LL VI to LL V is the biggest jump in the game from my experience. I say that even with the knowledge of the jump from LL II to Legends shaving .050 points off the OBP and BA for every hitter. It isn't so much that the competition is that much better, but the fact that more than 3 or 4 teams are actually active and have knowledge about how the game works. There are far fewer gimme series in LL V than there are in VI.
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I can attest that LL V is very difficult :p

You start running into some really solid teams at this level, which can completely wreck a fledgeling team like yours (or mine). At level 6, there are so many bots and only very rarely a top-flight team that competes in the cup. Here in LL V, you usually have one or two teams in the division make a cup run, if that gives you an idea of their competitiveness.

Your roster looks like you'll be tough enough to stick around though, however you might wanna start dumpster diving for another starter and reliever, just in case.

Updated Monday, December 18 2017 @ 5:58:34 am PST
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I’ve got most of my real pitchers in aaa at the moment, including all but one of my starters, as I finish out the season with all youth. I am definitely looking to somehow find one decent starter for next season though. All 2034 my starting 5 has been really a starting 3, with a rotating door for 4&5 until I found 2 guys that didn’t suck. But one of those 2 will be 32 next season.
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
You gotra be cocky and arrogant, even when you're getting beat. That's the secret. You gotta play this game with fear and arrogance.

Right. Fear and ignorance.

No. You hayseed. It's arrogance not 'ignorance.'
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
JUST WIN, BABY

Updated Monday, December 18 2017 @ 7:48:31 am PST
mjreichard

New Orleans Knights
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
I am in the same boat. I took over with an aging roster that was still okay...even won a Level V championship...only for everybody to get old and get hammered in IV, back to V to get hammered and then down to VI the year. I have rebuilt with youth and will be moving back to V, having already clinched in VI, but the same fear is there. Is this team just going to get hammered again in V?
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Good luck to both of us then, mjreichard!

PS, can I have Iwakuma? K, Thanks. :)

Updated Monday, December 18 2017 @ 10:27:53 am PST
mjreichard

New Orleans Knights
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
I lucked out and got him on waivers...sometimes you get lucky there! He was a 50 claim guy!!!

Previous Page | Show All |