Help

Forum >> Help >> Spring Training - When can I release players???   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
DDush

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Just picked up a team (again, which is fine). But I'm not able to drop some any of my players. I'd like to do some work with the team's minor leaguers and cut some I don't care for. At what point during the SPRING do we get to do that? Or is it restricting because I've just picked up a team? Any thoughts?
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 New owners are restricted from releasing the best players (or at least what the computer thinks are the best players) from their team for the first thirty days of ownership. It’s supposed to make sure they don’t cut someone they supposedly shouldn’t, potentially crippling their team. It also makes sure someone can’t pick up a bot team in their league and ruthlessly cut everybody down to the bare minimum of worst players to give them better odds at winning their division.

Also, I promise that server snafus like what happened and caused you to need to take a new team again are the exception, not the rule. Timing is everything, as they say…
DDush

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks for the info AP! I can understand the logic behind that. What I'm seeing is that can't cut ANY player; specifically wanting to lose some of my Single A minor league guys to try and pick up some better minor leaguers to build up my farm clubs. But maybe that is 30 days as well.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I wouldn't be cutting of your Single A guys yet, they look decent enough. You have three roster spots to play with, I'd see if you can fill those before you go making wholesale cuts.

Previous Page | Show All |