Help

Forum >> Help >> Need advice from higher leagues   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
So recently I claimed this guy, Warmer. Now, any of you who have ever read a post of mine knows that my bullpen is atrocious. I need help. And this guy would do that. But $7.70m is a lot. Should I keep him and pay him? How important is that money going to be when I get to a higher league? If I keep him I will likely turn a 4m profit on the year, dump him and I'll turn around 12m profit. I have about 60m in the bank. I really need a piece to get me over the hump and into LLIV, but I don't know how much I'm going to need to save money for higher leagues.

Anyone want to chime in?
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Considering you and I were the only two to put a claim on him, I'll chime in.

60 million. Pretty good war chest.

You'll still make a profit? Just not as big? No brainer for me. Keep him. Just put him on a shortish leash. He's really only going to cost you 770,000 an update. If a few weeks in he hasn't panned out, you can cut your losses and save some of that profit.

I would say he's a good gamble for you.

As it is, I'm going to lose money this season but I was willing to invest because staying in legends seems iffy and it's worth the shot for me. Plus, my war chest is a little bigger.

Edit: I guess there were 3 claims. I thought only two.

Updated Saturday, February 24 2018 @ 1:36:54 pm PST
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Warner gives me shivers. He was sensational against the Dinos in 2034.

One thing that I feel gets overlooked about the cup is the additional gate receipts. A 3 game series against a decent opponent nets you ~ 1 million. If a guy like Warner is the difference and gets you an extra series or two, you can look at that as offsetting his salary.

It's pretty common to take on some salary when your team is close to help get over the hump. Waterloo did that with Fischer. Kalamazoo did it with ..
Fischer. :)
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
As someone who's lineup faced Warner recently, I will say that he is worth the money. As long as you have a solid war chest, this is the type of guy to use it on...
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks for all the advice!

I definitely will keep him. If he posted 2.98 in legends, in LLV he should be a wrecking ball.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@Tiger, I think I added the 3rd claim pretty late. I was looking for help in terms of RHPs. Ultimately won an even older guy, but going to see how Miranda does in Legends at age 35. I'm fairly certain my defense should help him more than South Brunswick's, but the question will be how hard will he be hit? His career HR allowed is a little high by my standards, but South Brunswick's ballpark is currently much smaller than Raleigh's suggesting that the number shouldn't theoretically balloon despite the jump in LL.

Updated Sunday, February 25 2018 @ 10:46:15 am PST
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Ah, I think I put in a claim on Miranda too. Basically I've had about 10 pitching claims out a day as I think my team is pretty sketchy there. Alas, all I've found was a couple of control challenged guys that no one else wanted. They can eat innings if nothing else which may be slightly more than the guys theyve replaced. We'll see, the window for available talent is starting to close this spring.

Updated Sunday, February 25 2018 @ 1:02:48 pm PST
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I picked up Moss last time around in April or May, just have to keep looking. Sometimes a guy who is only mediocre in one place can be much better somewhere else with a better defense, more offensive support, bigger (or smaller for hitters) ballpark, etc.

Most of my wins are on guys with relatively few claims that I scout to see if I think they can succeed... it is the reason I have a much lower turnover rate than everyone else in Legends.

Previous Page | Show All |