Help

Forum >> Help >> Substitution help as I am new to the game   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
KokomoMantis

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I have setup my spring training roster, but how do I get players to sub in after the 4th inning for extra training? In some of my first few games, I played a team who did this, and really want to do this as well to get some players more help with leveling (I think that is how it is done).
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Welcome to the game.

You talking pitchers? In the management tab (make sure you've clicked the Spring Training button at the bottom to switch to Spring Training Management), make sure your starting pitchers have a lower pitch count limit and hook (75 pitches, 5 hook is lowest possible setting). This will ensure they are taken out of the game earlier for your relievers. Also make sure you have relievers set a low-ish to earliest inning so that they are eligible to be substituted in earlier in the game (i.e., 5 or so).

You talking hitters? Same warning about the Spring Training button, and make sure the "Pinch Hit For LH/RH" settings are low, like 5. This will ensure that they can be pinch hit for against lefties and righties as early as the 5th inning. There's no more control over it than that. Your AI manager will decide who to substitute and when, based on your general management settings and player eligibility based on those settings.

Make sense?

KokomoMantis

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thank you so much! Looks like it makes perfect sense now that you put it that way! I was trying to do it other ways and they weren't working!

Previous Page | Show All |