Help

Forum >> Help >> Who gets more playing time?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
CabbageWarrior12

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
So I was reading that if you have some good prospects that are ready to get called up, call them up and give them playing time. I'm assuming that leaving them on the bench is a bad idea.

I just signed this 24-year-old catcher with 14 potential out of free agency (Jose Mora). I think he may have been neglected in the minors because his ratings are pretty trash at where he is. Do I let him play, or keep him on the bench in replace for Christian Alonso, or do I just boot him?

Follow-up: I also have this guy: Todd Brand. Is he a keeper?
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Mora was still at A ball last season, he is going to stunt badly. He will be lucky to make it to 100 SI if you bring him up now in my opinion. Looks like an easy cut to me, as he made it to free agency for a good reason.

Alonso has a better arm than Mora anyways, and although he is in decline, I would take him over Mora any day.

Brand needs to be retrained for another position, a 10 arm will be terrible behind the plate. Kind of a bad build with low range and low arm but good fielding. Maybe 1B or DH, with 3B as a last resort before cutting.

Updated Tuesday, February 27 2018 @ 3:39:09 pm PST
CabbageWarrior12

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Got it. Thanks for the help!

Previous Page | Show All |