Help

Forum >> Help >> Management Settings/Hit and Run   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
michaeltodd2

Paradise Valley Cubs
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
When I go to Management, I'm a little hazy on what to look for on my players personal stats when deciding how to adjust their hit and run settings. Is it speed that I want if I'm deciding to give them a + or ++? Thank you!
Frankebasta

Kodiak Mules
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
We've been told it's a feature connected with Bat Control.
I cannot vouch about it though
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I would probably consider the speed and base stealing abilities of the 2 hitters before the guy in the lineup, bat control, hitting, and RISP.

Also should consider from an overall tactic. Do you want the guy swinging at bad pitches? Maybe PD and OPS comes into account here as well.
dsz071

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Whatever is involved with the H&R, I've stopped using it thanks to the super-scientific study I did in this post a few months ago.

PS: H&R sucks!

Updated Tuesday, March 27 2018 @ 9:59:29 pm PDT
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Agree with all the above posts.

The one thing I would add. I see hit & run mostly as a way of decreasing double plays.

I don't use it. If I were to use it, it would be a batter with an atrocious history of hitting into double plays (who also had batters ahead of him with enough speed that had a legitimate shot at stealing the base).

Edit: this thread has got me thinking I should try some H&R with Youngblood. He's a brutal DP machine. Only 11 BC, so he's going to hang runners out to dry a lot, but the 6! batters in front of him all have enough speed to make it interesting at 2B.

I'm hesitating b/c sometimes you see H&R when the runner is on 2B. There's no DP to avoid there, and taking 3rd is close to a suicide mission.

Updated Wednesday, March 28 2018 @ 12:21:55 pm PDT
michaeltodd2

Paradise Valley Cubs
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
So when you guys say you don't use Hit and Run, you mean you put an X in the management settings for H&R?
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Correct.
michaeltodd2

Paradise Valley Cubs
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
That's good info...thank you.
Jaybrams

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Just a friendly +1 thanks to everyone on this thread. This was very useful, as well as the "bug" thread linked. I'm especially interested if the "lead runner thrown out" gets 'corrected (for lack of a better word).

Previous Page | Show All |