Help

Forum >> Help >> Too old to train?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
michaeltodd2

Paradise Valley Cubs
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I just read that older players in the minors won't get training. At what age is it pretty useless to send a player to the minors to finish training? Or best guess? Thank you!
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
My best guess would be 27. I know for sure 26 year olds can still benefit from AAA time. I think at 27 they don't get any playing time, which would be a good indication they are done with training. Although it seems like they can still get position training.
Eric83

Brentwood Bearcats
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I was just about to ask a very similar question, so I'll add it on here. I just noticed one of my waiver pickups this year has never spent any time in AAA. He's a 27yo with 12 Pot and 99 SI, so doesn't look like a lot of room left. But as a first year manager I'm pretty desparate for any pitching talent under 30yo, so I would love to max the guy if I could. Thanks.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I POT 12 will max out somewhere between 95 and 103 (higher or lower if they are miss-scouted). That guy could easily be maxed already... I'm not sure you will gain much putting him in AAA right now. I'd only do it if you really don't need him in the majors right now.
Eric83

Brentwood Bearcats
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Ok thanks, I probably won't bother demoting him then. Just from browsing the forums I was getting the impression almost like a player can't max out if they didn't have proper time in every level of minors (kept seeing people say players will get stunted if they go to minors early), but maybe I was taking it too literally.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
He might be stunted (by a couple SI), but I don't know how much it will help putting him in AAA at 27. It might, but it also might not do anything. A lot of mights.

BTW, I keep my players in the minors for a good amount of time and many of them still stunt. Players have different growth patterns. Definitely safer to give them proper progression in the lower leagues when they are young, but that guy isn't likely to improve much more either way.

Updated Monday, April 2 2018 @ 7:29:10 am PDT

Previous Page | Show All |