Help

Forum >> Help >> Turf Fields   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
xLee227

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm considering a switch from grass to turf this season and was wondering if anyone has had experience with this? It seems like the overwhelming majority of teams have grass fields so I'd be interested to see first-hand what the results have been like.

Just as some background for my personal situation, I've been thinking about this because my team's hitters have consistently had a very high GB/FB ratio (1.2+ GB/FB, almost always highest in the league) and we're very much a contact-orientated team with lots of speed, low power, etc. My pitchers have fluctuated a bit in terms of GB/FB, but generally have been in the lower half of the league, usually just above 1 GB/FB.

Updated Saturday, May 5 2018 @ 2:14:17 pm PDT
Frankebasta

Kodiak Mules
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
In my experience Turf will increase BA by _a lot_ both for your team and the opponents.
Whatever it may imply...
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball

I've been thinking about this because my team's hitters have consistently had a very high GB/FB ratio (1.2+ GB/FB, almost always highest in the league) and we're very much a contact-orientated team with lots of speed, low power, etc.

You're trying to think logically, which from my experience doesn't work here. I don't think your ground ball hitters will get any more of a boost than fly ball hitters. I've experimented with all sorts of settings and I'm convinced a generic factor is applied to every thing. Another example--if you make a tiny right field and a gigantic left field, I think you'll see no effect of either because they balance each other out.
PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Lee, I did just that for a couple of seasons when I had very little power. Really did raise the offense. I also had terrible pitching so I wasn't worried about it coming back to bite me when the other team was hitting.

For outfield walls, Mike is right. Building an asymmetrical park is just for fun. IIRC, the game engine will decide Homerun first, then where and how far.

xLee227

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks to everyone for their input! I think I'm going to stick with grass and experiment with other ballpark factors.

Updated Tuesday, May 8 2018 @ 12:23:39 pm PDT

Previous Page | Show All |