Help

Forum >> Help >> How long should I give him   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Dan6176

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
[url]http://http://brokenbat.org/player/160275[/url] Larr Reid has been training to be a ss since I drafted him. He got his ss late last season. His fielding in spring training and the first cup series wasn't that good. Miranda was my SS, but I am trying him in cf because Reid has a better build for ss. Has anybody had a similar experience with a infielder taking his time to get a handle on his new position, and how long did it take for him to get it, or did you just play him at his original or easier position?

Updated Tuesday, May 22 2018 @ 12:17:58 am PDT

Updated Tuesday, May 22 2018 @ 12:20:30 am PDT
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd say he's well worth suffering through some growing pains. Doesn't look like he can steal bases, but he checks most of the other boxes for a big time SS once he matures. His glove may never be great, but if he can hit like he did in the minors, look out.
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Agreed, I'd be throwing him at SS and getting him as much exposure as possible. As a comparison Keefe had no SS training at all when I got him and I threw him straight in there - not ideal but not as bad as it could be!
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
When I first took over my team, I found a player that was 25 that I felt would be the perfect SS. And basically he was. I would still take him. (Juarez in my HOF if you want to check him out)

But he had no to minimal SS experience and was big league ready. I was LL V. I just plugged him in at SS and let him learn. It basically took a season and a half. He was a dumpster fire in the field for over half a season but it slowly got better.
I would hate to do it in Legends but he was the right player at the right time for that decision.

That's my experience.
Dan6176

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks for the feedback

Previous Page | Show All |