Help

Forum >> Help >> 1-run blues   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
My bullpen are studs. Strongest aspect of my team.

I'm sure Skoormit is right that its just luck and small sample sizes. Just annoying when it pulls your teams down from #1 to demoting, and the bad luck continues on the next year... And compound it with my awful draft luck, LOL.
crackit

Anchorage Lawless
V.8

Broken Bat Baseball
Rock777, I suspect it was a rhetorical question because I know you don't usually need help and definitely from a team slumming it in Level VI :)

Having scanned your performance this year, compared to the rest of the division: your pitching looks great, your fielding looks great and for the most part your batting is but...

Your run production isn't as high and I think this is because your slugging also isn't as high (in comparison to the other teams and your league position).

That is all I can see but it is consistent with the Athletics slide down to Level VI, our seemingly good pitching and defense has been consistently and constantly battered by the big-hitting of other teams.

I have a theory, and it is just that.

Our rise was build on low WHIP and ERA pitching and a strong defense.

I believe there was a change either in the game engine round about 2022 (or in the availability of big hitting batters).

Since 2022 average batting performance improved from the five years before:
  • AVE 0.224 to 0.263
  • OBP 0.284 to 0.329
  • SLG 0.377 to 0.413
  • OPS 0.660 to 0.741

Now there could be lots of other factors and I don't have a complete sample but I have kept building on pitching and defense but since slipping five levels decided to do a bit of analysis to try and work out why. So far this is what I have come up with.

Looking at the same comparison for pitching
  • ERA 3.50 to 4.31
  • WHIP 1.238 to 1.408
  • FIP 4.36 to 4.28
  • FLD 0.976 to 0.984

Average defense has improved during the same time period, so it appears to be the balance between pitching and batting changed for some reason.

As I say it is just a theory but I am trying to strengthen my slugging relative to my beloved defense as a consequence.

I'll let you know how it goes.
Frankebasta

Kodiak Mules
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Over the past 15 (or so, I'm too lazy to check) seasons we've seen the following changes:

- Increase of RNG in game outcomes.
An ANNOUNCEMENT was made by admin.
Since then, Cup has seen lower league teams reaching the final round in unprecedent numbers

- New+New managers: admin says they count as much as ONE player.
I have 50 players. 30 on Roster. 9 on the field.
Which one is it?
It well may be Manager count as much as 1/9th (tha is, 1/10 manager included)
If so, a 20-skilled manager might improve your team performance by...how much? 10%?
10% in baseball is HUGE

- Ballpark dimensions/ turf
The spike in hitting (or stinkiest pitching) are quite often due to the ballpark.
Yours, and opponent's

These are the changes I remember.
An increase in hitting as such, I cannot confirm
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball

Increase of RNG in game outcomes.
An ANNOUNCEMENT was made by admin.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. What are you referring to?

The new manager part I understand completely. They are nearly unanimously disliked.
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball

The new manager part I understand completely. They are nearly unanimously disliked.

*Makes the obligatory grumbling noises.*
Jason2327

Abilene Patriots
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
@Rock granted I know these results are from VI last season and V so far this season,but since I switched to a grass infield for my stadium and built my team to have more speed,my 1 run game record has improved dramatically. My pitching,hitting and fielding have remained the same. Don’t know if it is truly a cause and effect or not
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I had grass last year. Normally do, but I decided it was more to my advantage to do astro turf this year.

Yeah, the power in my team has been steadily decreasing. Rather, not the power, but the ability to actually hit the ball over the fence. Hitting has been miserable in general the last few season. I just would have thought pitching and RISP would be more important in 1-run games. Power is a big weakness on the Halflings, but I'm a bit surprised if that weakness translates to losing close games considering the team strengths in bullpen and RISP.
Jason2327

Abilene Patriots
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I have a brownout here as well. Thankfully it’s not a blackout lol. I’ve even made my field SMALL and it hasn’t helped with hr’s 🤔. Another thing I’ve done is added more players who walk more the last 2 years. I feel this has definetly helped me in 1 run games
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd suggest going the other way if you have little power. Make the stadium taller. That way you are taking away your opponents advantage.

I'm actually in second place for HRs in my division right now (despite having more of a pitchers stadium than most), so I actually think that might not be an issue this year. Last year was a bit of an anomaly and most of my guys hit .030 - .050 lower than their norm. So I guess HRs were down because of that too.
tamale

Concord Jets
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I've got this problem too. We've just gone on a 1-6 run including 5 one run losses... I don't really have any theories to explain this. My late-inning relievers are doing well but our offense is terrible.

Previous Page | Show All |