Forum >> Help >> How much longer should I hold on   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/player/136347
http://brokenbat.org/player/144913

Velazquez and Cardenas were supposed to help solve my atrocious bullpen. They were two of a very small group of prospects that was any good when I first took over this team. But their results in the majors have been...not good. Velazquez was serviceable last year, but Cardenas has been complete trash. Both are struggling to get out of the low 90s in SI. Should I be holding onto them still, or is it foolish to keep throwing them out there expecting improvement?
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 Looking at their growth trends from the past two seasons, if they’re slowing down at this point they may be close to where they’re going to get. I’d give them both until the end of the season if it were my team, but if they don’t shape up (or at least give acceptable performances), I’d probably send them packing.

Cárdenas, if his FIP is to be believed, might at least partially a victim of bad luck. Velazquez is the more questionable of the two in my book. He has a considerably worse HR/9 and a lower GB/FB ratio, and I don’t think the better K/BB or BB/9 ratio is enough to offset those — you can get double plays or work around walks (which Cárdenas seems to allow every other inning), but double plays after home runs are going to happen after the damage is already done.

That’s my two cents, anyway.
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Velazquez has probably had enough rope, his HR rate is horrendous and wasn't great in the minors either.

I'd give Cardenas a while longer, I suspect a couple of weeks in AAA will help him also
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd agree. Velazquez looks like a home run machine. Unfortunately common for guys with high K rates. I wouldn't trust him with anything past MR. Cárdenas is less impressive with Ks, but also less dangerous for HRs. I'm not a big fan of his build, but I think Cárdenas is more likely to pan out in the stretch. Still not sure I would trust him in a SET role, but probably more reliable at MR than Velazquez.
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, I've learned fastball pitchers are a total liability in this game, hence why I've tried to avoid drafting them, but these guys were leftovers from the old owner.

So I'll probably cut Velazquez tomorrow if my draft pick is a keeper or I win one of the lottery claims that process saturday.

Updated Thursday, June 14 2018 @ 4:25:31 pm PDT

Previous Page | Show All |