Help

Forum >> Help >> Lefty Catchers   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
robinsmd

Loveland Tigers
V.10

Broken Bat Baseball
I have two players who are leftys with a 20 ARM. One is in the minors and one just got called up to the Majors. They were originally 1B, but I had them play C in the minors. How significant is the penalty for them being a Lefty C? Trying to figure out if it is worth it to take the penalty given they have such a great ARM.
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Take my advice as you will, since I'm in your division, but... Lefty catchers can do OK. Some of the veterans here will relate some positive experiences in that regard. As for how noticeable the penalty is? Can't really tell you. I actually have considered a lefty catcher myself before and had one on my roster for a little while. But I needed a spot, and he got the cut.

Re: Price - He has about 19 points left to gain. Six of those will probably go into Fielding, four into Hitting, something like five into power... That only leaves four more to go elsewhere. Be aware that despite the good Hitting, the PD and BC aren't going to be all that great; he may not hit worth a damn. A catcher who can't hit for average and is a lefty (despite the 20 Arm and decent CS%) doesn't register too high on my personal radar.

As for Reyes, it'll be interesting if the CS% from this season holds up, given the lower percentages in previous seasons. That said, I like his potential to hit for average as he has enough SI to gain that could potentially go into BC and PD, though that hinges on those points not going to Power.

TL;DR: Some lefty catchers do OK in BB. Reyes is worth a shot, but I wouldn't be too set on Price.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
The "penalty" is minor at catcher. Here's another example, the number three homer hitter of all-time here.

http://brokenbat.org/player/81182

Previous Page | Show All |