Help

Forum >> Help >> Should I quit this guy?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
quanin

Cleveland Thunder
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/player/166045

He had a good 2034, and even factoring in we had to do 2035 twice he appeared to still do fairly well. Now he seems to be stuck. I don't know that he'll be majors-ready by 25. Should I give him a couple more seasons, or cut my losses? For reference, he's already been in A for 2 years and he's not yet been recommended for promotion.

Semi-related, and this may just be me being hopeful, has a player been known to be promoted twice in one season? IE: get the rec to promote to AAA, then near the end of the season, get the rec for the big show?
brentswagger

Lakeville Bears
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I think he is worth keeping around but I will admit I have a hard time giving up on a 14 pot pitcher. The issue is he started as a low SI 20 year old. If he continues to gain 6-7 SI each season he is going to be mid 80's at 25. He may never reach his potential or it will be in his late 20's at his growth rate so it really looks like you ask yourself if you want to keep him in your system while he grows for several more seasons?
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I would wait and see if he gets the recommendation for promotion to AA either this season or during spring training next season. Many players will grow faster in AA and AAA than in the low minors, so he could still pan out. Biggest question right now is whether he will get the recommendations for promotion at decent intervals that will have him ready for the majors around 26, or whether he will one of those guys who you just have to bring up and never really pans out.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
His development looks fine to me. Pitchers can really shoot up when they hit the majors. So usually as long as a guy is on pace to get to AAA by 24-25 I consider him good to go. Its nice if you can get them up earlier, but I seldom have guys ready for the majors before they are 26. Position players grow slowly when they hit the majors, but pitchers can shoot up in just a couple years.

A 14 POT with his build could be an effective pitcher even if he is a little stunted.

Updated Wednesday, July 4 2018 @ 8:17:11 am PDT
occham

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I would keep him. His velocity is flat and he's still picking up 8-9 points on average which is solid. He will be a late bloomer so unless you're absolutely stocked with talent, it's nothing lost. My entire team is basically made up of late bloomers.

He's a bit of a tweener because of all those points in AS/Fielding. In my eyes, he's effectively a 10/10/10 13 pot pitcher - which isn't bad! Again, unless you're just totally packed in the minors, I'd keep him and see how he plays out, at least another season or two.

Previous Page | Show All |