Help

Forum >> Help >> Demote player if he didn't get enough ABs in minors?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Eric83

Brentwood Bearcats
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I have a waiver pickup from last year that started on my team in AAA and later was recommended to promote to majors, where he has been playing (dreadfully) most of this season. I just noticed he only had 35 ABs in AA on his previous team. I'm assuming his former manager promoted him prematurely. Should I give him more reps down there, or does that not matter for development at all?

I'm in total rebuild mode, so only care about the development and not on the field results.

Updated Thursday, July 5 2018 @ 8:18:26 pm PDT
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Minor league games don't effect training. If he doesn't play in any it is likely due to the algorithm thinking he doesn't have the skill set for that level yet, but that doesn't mean that he isn't at the level where he will receive the most training which is what the recommendations (before age 25) are supposed to represent.
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Newtman is correct although the reason in this case for the lack of at bat's is likely the 2034 mega training update
Eric83

Brentwood Bearcats
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Ah, I see, thanks for the replies. Guess I'll have to deal with his sub .200 batting in the majors a little longer!
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Not sure his AVG is going to get much better. Even maxed out he will likely be a very poor hitter.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Even though I immediately cut him, I actually remember drafting him because I am from his birthplace. I think the same of him now as I did then--best case scenario is a back-up second baseman.
Eric83

Brentwood Bearcats
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
As a first-year manager I was pretty excited that a young 13POT player with a 2B defensive profile was available. But I'm seeing now that may have been a little naive. Unfortunately my minors are still just as bare when it comes to middle infielders, which is the only reason I haven't cut him yet. But I'm realizing it is likely a lost cause either way.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
It is possible to advance up the ladder with a defensive 2B as long as the rest of your offense is solid. Black holes at one lineup position can be made up for, it is when you skip out on offense at multiple positions that it really starts hurting your chances. I would actually say his 15 range isn't high enough to make him an elite defensive 2B, and that is the real reason why you got him so easily.

Previous Page | Show All |