Help

Forum >> Help >> training---does it cost my ball club to train players?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
malachi0325

Apex Dodgers
VI.14

Broken Bat Baseball
what is the cost to train players?

What are the benefits of training?

How often can I train--is there a player limit on training?
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Training is free and automatic. You can select a primary and secondary focus if you wish, also for free. While it gives those areas emphasis, it in effect draws a little away from the other areas.

You can go to the game manual in the help tab for more info. Training is in the player section. I'd recommend reading thru the entire thing a few times over several days. It's full of vital info.

Updated Saturday, July 7 2018 @ 8:10:34 pm PDT
Herp Derp

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Do we have confirmation from Steve that training is a fixed pie?

I've been wondering... manager skill, player potential, and all other variables aside, is there definitely only a set amount of training that is possible so that any focus necessarily takes training away from the other categories or could it be that the focus just supplies additional training without hurting anything else?

The Help section only says that focus categories will receive additional training. It doesn't say there that the additional training in the focus categories comes at the expense of training in the other categories.

Updated Monday, July 9 2018 @ 9:59:23 am PDT
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
IDK if we ever got any confirmation about that Herp, but I know this. Last season I set my training to No Focus Options after we started discussing on the forums whether or not to have ANY training options selections for fear of any selections causing reduced training in other areas. My training results have been near awful since then. I’m done with that experiment. I’ve got too many good draft pics in the last 13 rounds to risk screwing up their training development, so I’m going back to selecting training focus options that make sense given my team and given my managers skill sets.

Updated Monday, July 9 2018 @ 10:22:40 am PDT
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball

My training results have been near awful since then. I’m done with that experiment. I’ve got too many good draft pics in the last 13 rounds to risk screwing up their training development, so I’m going back to selecting training focus options that make sense given my team and given my managers skill sets.

I've been using "No focus" for 14 seasons solid now. My team has trained better and done better since I started. My sample size is 13 seasons larger than yours, pretty sure it wasn't the "No focus" that made your training be awful. The 2035 season reset showed me something else though, there appears to be a surprising amount of random in the training itself as I played several players with the exact same settings in the majors and got vastly different training results. Therefore, a certain amount of it may come down to the same thing as the games and player acquisition, luck.

Updated Monday, July 9 2018 @ 3:38:21 pm PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm pretty sure Steve did confirm that, because I remember thinking it was kind of a bad deal. If you put on hitting focuses for instance, you batters will get more training, but your pitchers lose training. Now I'm actually thinking that is a good thing. My batters have horrible development and can use all the help they can get. I'm ok with sacrificing pitcher development to get a few 100th of a point higher to reasonable hitting ratings for all these losers on my team that are supposed to be "great hitters."
FreddyTheEye

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't think "focus on" adds anything. My opinion is it just slightly (very slightly) speeds up the focused areas and possibly (even more slightly) slows the others.

Previous Page | Show All |