Help

Forum >> Help >> Question regarding analytics/tools   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Lacisum Utama

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
This might be an odd question. But does anyone use any outside of BB Tools or anything to monitor their teams and make decisions? Are there methods to diving into the analytics besides opening a page and looking? Do you open each game recap to see whats going on? Are there easy ways to look up game by game stats? Looking to see how to better monitor and update teams and whats going on.
Recently I demoted all my old farts to the minors and brought up all the young guys from AAA as I was safe from demotion and from promotion. So I wanted to get some ABs for the young ones and somehow have a winning record with 3 below .200 another 3 below .250 and one guy hitting at a .455 clip which as a 22 yr old cut a few times I am impressed with.
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
This is more a reply for the sake of a reply, but no, can't say I use much of anything outside what's available to monitor the team. I'll occasionally look at league statistics (found at the bottom of the league page) to get a better picture of which opponents have high CS%, lefty-righty splits, etc. But I've largely embraced the idea that there's only so much I can analyze before I reach a point where randomness gets in the way. I don't personally see the value of spending even more time (and I do spend a lot of time with this game) trying to export statistics to spreadsheets, etc.
PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
In a sorta-kinda related way, baseballmusings.com has a Lineup Analysis tool I've use in other online sim games.
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Oh hehhh, I used that tool a few times for the brief time I played CSFBL. Totally forgot about it, and never bothered to try it here. Huh!

Updated Monday, July 16 2018 @ 7:04:22 am PDT
Razzle

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I do use a spreadsheet to monitor what positions that I am targeting for all of my players. I put them in position groups and I think it helps me see the entire position group in one place with my progression. I can easily see the other position groups. It helps me with, who is in the majors, how i am covering in case of injuries, who is on the way, when do my minor league guys look like they will be promoting, where are my needs, etc. It also helps with who do I cut, and where am I unnecessarily doubled up.

I also have used a spreadsheet to monitor pitching statistics, but it is time consuming and real life gets in the way. I feel that one helps me with pitchers that just have a really bad outing or two. Sometimes a few bad outings can really screw up their total stats and make them look like they are not performing well when they really are.
Jaybrams

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
similar to the above, i have a spreadsheet with several tabs, some of which are just for fun or to easily store certain reference information. My Development tab is useful for projecting where a youngster will end up, talent wise, essentially taking the approach outlined in this thread.

i have "roster" page for my position players and another for my pitchers. Originally i had some efficiency calculations to help me decide who i wanted in my lineup, but with the +/- 20% variance as well as just historical data available on each player in BB proper, it hasn't proved to be a useful predictor of who is best suited to actually play. However, what it is useful for is being able to quickly filter or sort in custom ways that the BB site doesn't allow.
Lacisum Utama

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Wow interesting. You all have helped. I will have to try and look into getting data easier. Any tips on game by game data? Is that even possible or does that have to be entered manually? Overall stats help. I do like the idea of trying to find the best player for the position and will have to look up how best to do that Lots of helpful ideas you have given me.

Previous Page | Show All |