Help

Forum >> Help >> What positions would you play these two new Asian draftees?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Eric83

Brentwood Bearcats
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I went with Asian Posting System for the first time ever last week and then again this week, and it seems like my best back-to-back draft weeks in my short franchise's history. Now I want to make sure they're in the best spots, since they're already major-league ready. OF and C are the only positions I feel I have reasonable depth in majors/minors. I don't plan on competing this year, so I can deal with the poor defense if needed.

I drafted De Li first and thought for sure 3B (since he already plays the position) and I'm weak there.

I drafted Dong this morning. Would you start training him at SS? Would he be better for 3B long-term? Keep him in the OF, even if thats not a position of great need?

(For more SS context, I'm currently developing Feliciano to be my starting SS, but he's been disappointing to say the least.)

Thanks!

Updated Friday, August 10 2018 @ 7:46:04 am PDT
FreddyTheEye

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Li 3B is fine.

But Dong throws left so maybe CF is best. There would be a small penalty for playing him at SS. (or 3B)
Eric83

Brentwood Bearcats
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Interesting, I hadn't thought of that. How much of a penalty is there for lefty SS? Does it affect fielding percentage, or just slower to throw out runners?
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I experimented with a "solid" fielder at short in the minors. He got his SS rating, but still hovered around .900 FPCT. That's obviously brutal. I'm guessing it's between a 0.030 and 0.050 penalty for being a lefty. In my opinion, that makes them all ineligible, except in emergencies.

Updated Saturday, August 11 2018 @ 9:24:51 pm PDT

Previous Page | Show All |