Help

Forum >> Help >> Keeping SP in the game   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
sheish

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
During this game: http://brokenbat.org/game/3108014

My starter went 7IP, 2H, 0ER, 74NP.

His pitch limit was at 105, but we were 2-0 up at the time and my closer can come in from the 8th inning.

Is there any way to delay my closer/any member of the bullpen and allow my SP to continue pitching as he's doing so well through 7 innings?

Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Generally (unless its a no-hitter), the closer will always come in for a closing situation, and the current pitcher will always stay in until hook or pitch count are exceeded. Steve actually shares the algorithm in the manual.

Given his pitch count had not been exceeded, I would guess his hook triggered. What did you have for hook? From the manual:

Basically, the pitcher is replaced if either of the following conditions are true:

- 2 * Earned Runs > Hook
- Total Runs + Base Runners > Hook

So if you have the hook set too low they can get yanked quickly.

Looking at the game, he came out at the start of the 8th after a clean 7th, which is weird... Are you sure his NP is set high? SP default to 75 NP if they are set lower than 75. The fact he was pulled out after 74 pitches really makes it seem like the AI thought his NP was set to 75.

The other option is that the hook was set too low (like 3), and then once your SET could come in (earliest inning), he replaced the Starter due to hook conditions. If your MR/LR guys were too tired (never set the fatigue limit for these guy above " "), then that would explain why they didn't come in earlier.
sheish

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hook was 6 and pitch limit at 100 (my standard for SP), so I was amazed they took him out.
But I guess the game always puts in the closer when it can.

Thanks
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Doesn't explain the SET though... The SET shouldn't have come in...
sheish

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
My closer was brought in for 2 inning save. His hook was exceeded so he was yanked in the 9th and then the other RP conceded more runs as we lost.

Previous Page | Show All |