H: 3
BC: 16
PD: 16
Pow:18
SPD:15

FLD: 15
RNG: 13
Arm: 17

are there any examples of a player with hitting this low not being an absolute liability on offense. his minor league
AVG .282
OBS .347
SLG .418

is promising but i just don't know if its worth holding onto him

Updated Monday, October 29 2018 @ 9:40:26 pm PDT
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
"never be a decent hitter" is an absolute no-no for me. POT 14 is tempting and I've tried to make those guys work in the past, but in my experience it just never does. You hope their OBP is going to be enough to not make them a complete liability, but usually/ultimately they don't garner as many walks as you'd hope and when they're hitting like .120 (and worse) through 30 games I get exasperated and give up.

And that's for prospects like this but who play SS, where you'd hope for Gold Glove defence. Anywhere else - like 3B in this case - it just isn't worth it unless the rest of your lineup is really strong. I'll always sacrifice a little bit of defence for an average hitter outside of the SS position, YMMV.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Really all that Power goes to waste because he can't make contact.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I've long said a player can be tolerated if he gives you premium defense at a premium position. I had no trouble giving Daniels a job.

And then I met LeClerc.

He's not a perfect comp. PD much lower than your lad (hitting much higher). You look at him and think he's not going to get many hits, but with that power and speed the ones he gets will be glorious. And that will be enough given his defense.

But LeClerc is so rancid offensively his 17-19-17 defense at SS isn't worth it. Your guy is probably worse. And as Amalric said, he's playing 3B (traditionally an offensive position). You would need to generate well above average offense other places to carry him.

Even the rosiest projection I can think of (20 PD) falls flat because he doesn't steal bases with that speed.

Previous Page | Show All |