Help

Forum >> Help >> Great Hitting   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
michaeltodd2

Paradise Valley Cubs
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
How valuable is a "Great Hitter"? I realize if the guys loaded elsewhere, say with power hitting and good fielding attributes, he would be awesome. What i mean is if he's got a Great Hitter designation but no power, and mediocre fielding skills? Maybe he has some speed. I see players like that occasionally, but i also notice that the "Great Hitter" designation is pretty rare, at least in my experience. I guess i'm wondering as to their general value? Thank you.
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm a huge fan, but the thing for me is they must have some PD to go with it - I'd happily run a line up with no power guys if they all had great hitting.
michaeltodd2

Paradise Valley Cubs
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
But only with decent or better plate discipline you say huh? Not otherwise? Why is that?
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Personally I don't like 1 dimensional players - a good avg is useless to me, but good avg and obp - that's gold.
amalric7

New York Lancers
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
You can go back to having decent Bat Control and/or Plate Discipline (in your other thread), because they will help the Great Hitting.

Even without those great hitting is something to covet, because putting the bat on the ball as often is possible is the crux of offence. If you can add speed to it you can fill out the top of your lineup with guys who can get on base and run, which will get you runs even if you lack power hitters (smallball).

Previous Page | Show All |