Help

Forum >> Help >> Player Development question   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
michaeltodd2

Paradise Valley Cubs
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
So theoretically, if i took a 22 year old pitcher that was in AA minor league and suddenly put him in the majors and gave him 200 innings a year to pitch, what would happen over the next few years? Would he still grow at the same speed, maybe slower i would expect, but i don't know? If not and if i'm not worried about his individual performance results, can that be an effective way to train?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
That would likely result in his development being stunted. Players general develop best at their appropriate level. The AI recommendation is not 100% accurate, but it is at least reasonable. A guy in AA ball definitely doesn't belong in the majors.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
There is a fair bit of variability from one player to another. It's possible the player does fine. Certainly also possible Rock777 is correct and the player comes up short.

Here is an example of an extreme case. Izzo didn't play in the minors, but went straight to the majors at age 17. As a consequence, his SI came up ~25 points short of expectations.

A guy in AA already has quite a bit of training. The effect could be negligible. But it's a risk.
michaeltodd2

Paradise Valley Cubs
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I got this guy...Diaz, ID#172389, and i took him out of AAA minors a couple weeks ago. He already had around 80-85 skill points with a 13 potential when i moved him up to the majors, so i'm guessing i'll be okay with his last bit of training?? But i don't want to screw it up either, so that's kinda why i was asking.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Skill points don't mean a lot by themselves because some skills (Speed, Range, Arm) are set. That guy has a lot of speed, so his SI is naturally going to look high. He hasn't even had one season in AAA. I would put him back down for the rest of the season at least.
michaeltodd2

Paradise Valley Cubs
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Okay...thanks!

Previous Page | Show All |