Help

Forum >> Help >> Playoffs - who gets home field advantage?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Luck of the draw.
FreddyTheEye

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
wow seriously?? Pure random? Could be west 5 straight seasons? I've never paid attention.
Blackbeard

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I noticed that myself and thought it was rather odd. You would figure that the team with the best record would be home team...

Btw... When does the next season start? At midnight server time when the playoffs are over? Just wondering when spring training will start and I can finally change my teams location. :-)

Or does the season change on Friday at midnight server time. Haven't seen anything on the forum about that... Not a big deal I guess.
Blackbeard

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I forgot to say. We are in the same league Eric, congrats on having the best record in the league.

I was hoping that you would get the advantage of having home field. Would prefer that a human controlled team would beat the bot controlled team.

It beat me in my run to get in to the playoffs. Instead I fell 2 games short and was beat by the bot controlled team. :( Congrats to you7!
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 Blackbeard: Click this for an answer about next season’s start.
Blackbeard

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thank you for the info.

So in reality, it will start whenever it starts? Doesn't seem like there is a set day and time.

Apparently, things like the start of new seasons has to be initiated manually versus the games programming automatically starting it?

Ok, thanks again.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Back to the OP, I believe home field alternates between seasons - West has home field in even numbered seasons (2036, 2038, 2040, etc) and the East in odd numbered seasons (2037, 2039, 2041, and so on).

I've had home field in the playoffs in 2033, 2035, 2037 and 2039. In 2030 the West team did. And that is irrespective of final record - I've had home field in some of those odd numbered seasons with the poorer overall record.
Eric83

Brentwood Bearcats
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks for the responses all. I think home field advantage would make more sense done by record, since there is a lot of inter-league play during the year, but I guess its not really all that important in the grand scheme of things in this game.

Thanks Blackbeard. I've only promoted once before and it led to a 51 win season and immediate demotion, so hoping it goes better this year. Best of luck with your team!
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
It alternates between East and West.

Steve
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Some time the most obvious things slip by unnoticed.

Previous Page | Show All |