Help

Forum >> Help >> At-Bats and SI   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
JoeDaddyeous91

Kahului Turtles
IV.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Hey Broken Batters,

When a young guy who has room to continue to grow his SI gets called up to the Majors and receives limited ABs because he isn't good enough to start grow at a slower rate?
I have my opinion that that is the case based on real life, but truthfully I'm not sure if it matches the BB world or not.

Thanks,
Joe
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Players promoted to the majors will get some training gains to their SI simply for being in the majors, but these points are few.

The only way for developing players to get the SI growth they need to develop into starters/useful players is by giving them playing time. There is no substitute for that. You might have a players gain a few SI each season with minimal playing time but there is no way he'll reach his scouting report or potential, and he'll end up stunting his growth and being cut.

How you break-in a developing player is up to the individual. Pitchers tend to develop quickly with regular innings pitched, hitters are slower. It's also worth pointing out that hitters don't necessarily need to play a defensive position to gain SI - playing a guy at DH won't stunt him or affect his fielding growth.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Players gain Training and Experience. These are two separate buckets that fill up their skills. Players only gain Experience in the majors through playing time, but they gain Training at all levels. However they gain the most Training if they are at the appropriate level. One danger in bringing a guy up too early is that he is getting less Training than he would at the appropriate level. This can lead to situations where he isn't able to get all his possible training, and he "stunts" with lower SI than he could have achieved. Playing time is important for Experience, but Experience is only part of the equation.

Updated Tuesday, March 12 2019 @ 8:29:13 am PDT

Previous Page | Show All |