Help

Forum >> Help >> Aging 4 y in few months   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
motko

Nauvoo The Great Horned Owl
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/player/197058
Wtf happened i drafted this guy it said he 16 now he 20? I swear yesterday he was 16!
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Steve aged all those 16 year old college kids 4 years, but didn't improve their SI. So most of those guys went from blue chip prospects to busts.
jetsrock48

Davenport Cobras
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I got hit with the same issue. Drafted this guy two days ago: http://brokenbat.org/player/192621

It's not right. This is our first round picks. We all just lost a first round pick due to a glitch. Steve should do something to address this whether it is re-doing the first round or adjusting their age to 16-18. 4 years is insane and makes them become actual busts, two days after being drafted.
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball

We all just lost a first round pick due to a glitch.

That's not entirely accurate. I don't mean to diminish the impact of what happened to those of us that drafted R1 from college (or other pools) that had the age bug, but not everyone drafted from those pools. Folks that drafted from Asian, for example, didn't have an age issue. I'm not sure if High School pool was affected either (though maybe it was).

It's a real, significant bug, for sure. Hopefully Steve can leave these players at their young ages, considering their starting SI, or "age" the SI as well to compensate.

But it wasn't every player drafted from every pool.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Also, the issue got fixed after a couple days, so later drafters were able to draft out of a virgin college pool, scoring some big hits given the huge early bird advantage in the draft.

If everyone was hit, it would be less of an issue.
FreddyTheEye

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Interesting.
The photo linked to is an example of everything wrong with the draft. (In my opinion)

Disclaimer: At the risk of turning this into yet another "draft thread", I love the game and the draft as is with no changes but am also in favor of small changes to address the following:

1) Round one. Manager A (Rock..lol) has zero very good or good choices. Manager B (the link in Rocks post) has 3 VG's as well as 4 goods.
Yes over time this may/should even out but wouldn't it would be cool to even it out a bit more every draft, now. At least in the first round.

2) and more importantly to me..
In the board linked if I really wanted and needed a short stop or middle infielder, I think I need speed (for range) and fielding (self explanatory) for sure and anything else is a bonus. But in round one there needs to be at least something else or you are leaving studs on the table for a defense only guy...but I digress.

So I study the board and identify Myers and Kaline
and make my pick based on whatever strategy I choose to rank them...

...my first round player is generated with 11 range
and so I've passed over stud pitching prospects while trying to draft for positional needs, for nothing.

Again..not something worth crying over but it would be really cool to be able to draft a little more for position.

Sorry, just rambling. No need to comment lol.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Totally agree.
motko

Nauvoo The Great Horned Owl
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
This important becos only way to succsess is quality players and you only get them through draft or huuuuge luck in waivers. Talk about less than 1 percent chance.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Well really its huuuuge luck in the draft or huuuuge luck in waivers. The draft has never been a fair or equitable process. I seldom get a feasible player in the first round. I expect I will be dropping this year's first round pick, just like I drop most 1st round picks.

Agree that the draft should be fixed, and I've outlined a good way to do it already. Up to Steve if he wants to address it or not.

Previous Page | Show All |