Help

Forum >> Help >> Terrible Fielders; Fielding Coach?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
blackfire83

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
My fielders are terrible. But so many of them have good hitting stats that I can't just drop the lot of them. Would it make any difference if I hired a manager with good tactical fielding skills, or would that just be wasted on my terrible fielders?

Thanks for any light you can shed on this situation.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Which fielders? Your infield of 2B Talbert-3B Esquivel-SS Henriquez is rock solid. Gomez is NOT a 2B with that fielding report (and 9 score), hence all the errors: he should play RF or even C with that arm. George is NOT a 3B, he shouldn't play anywhere other than OF or DH (same fielding issues). Davidson is a cut for me with that hitting, I never waste time on "never be a decent hitter" players, and although his glove is nice he doesn't have the range or arm for SS. Your outfielders are fine.

There's nothing wrong with your manager, certainly as regards fielding. His one notable deficiency is the lack of hitting development, that's the no-no for me.
blackfire83

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thank you for the advice and the assessment of my team. I see that my team isn't as bad as I originally thought. Hopefully the changes I've made will improve my fielding.
buffmckagan

Scranton Bears
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Here's a future reference if you want to see the best defensive builds for a position:

- Defensive Builds -
C - Arm: 16+; Range 10-; Fielding 10-
1B - Arm: 10-; Range 10-; Fielding 12-
2B - Arm: 10-; Range 15+; Fielding 15+
SS - Arm: 15+; Range 17+; Fielding 15+
3B - Arm: 15+; Range 5-15; Fielding 15+
CF - Arm: 10+; Range 16+; Fielding 12-
LF - Arm: 8-14; Range 12-16; Fielding 10-
RF - Arm: 14+; Range 12-16; Fielding 10-

Previous Page | Show All |