Help

Forum >> Help >> Pitching Dilemmas   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
michaeltodd2

Paradise Valley Cubs
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm confronted with a recurring problem. I have a pitcher graduate from my minors around the ages of 21-25, they usually have a SI around 70 or so. When i put them in my lineups, they get shelled. Yet the only way i'm going to get them up to where they're competitive, with an SI in the 90's or so, is to play them. Can I or should I put them back down into the minors till they get closer to finish filling out their SI points, or will that take too long? Thank you.
dsz071

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
What I've done in the past, especially in LLVI, is just run them out there, get them as many innings as possible. If you're not close to promoting you really don't have anything to lose. In that situation who cares if you finish 1 game out or 50 games out? Get your guys all the experience you can.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Cut the pitch count down. Way down.

Conti is a good example of how I deal with those guys. (Came up with 61 SI, got 70 games, 46 IP in his rookie season). I give guys like that pitch counts around 10. Limits the damage they can do.

They develop fine. Not as fast as if they were throwing 100 pitches every 5 days, but they gain enough SI that the next season they can be trusted with a pitch count of 15. Baby steps.

If your season reaches a point where results don't matter (or you get your pitching settings such that these guys are only coming in when the game is already lost), then ignore the above advice and (as dsz071 said) just eat the poor performance.

Updated Monday, May 6 2019 @ 11:55:46 am PDT

Previous Page | Show All |