Help

Forum >> Help >> New Draft?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
michaeltodd2

Paradise Valley Cubs
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I notice there was no draft today; after i read the news about the new draft i was wondering if anyone can give me the basics on when it starts and how it will be different from the old draft? Thank you.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Draft is 8 rounds instead of the old 10. Round 1 now happens after spring training has started.

As for the new draft ... *shrug*. Stay tuned. :)
michaeltodd2

Paradise Valley Cubs
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Okay thanks.
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
V.14

Broken Bat Baseball
Should be this Friday? Wonder what it will look like. Can we get a look at it beforehand? Is their going to be help section describe new features?
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
Friday after that, I think.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
If you see these events: Game Day Simulation [Amateur/Overseas]

Those are creating the statistics for the prospects.

Steve
Blackbeard

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm just wondering.

What is the benefit or going from a 10 round draft to an 8 round draft?

It is understandable that all of the best prospects will be gone in the earlier rounds and the late rounds will only produce prospects that aren't worth drafting. So why not stop the draft when all the top prospects are gone if thats the motivation of reducing the rounds.

However, the last couple of rounds does allow hope that you might get something. Cutting the draft from 10 to 8 would tend to give managers something less to look forward to even it the expectation of a good prospect no longer exists.

So with all of that said, what difference it we have 2 less rounds or we get poor prospects. Really not much difference other that removing some hope that low level poor teams might have...
amalric7

New York Lancers
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
It was discussed at (great) length and the decision was made, no point rehashing it now. Everyone is in the same boat.
michaeltodd2

Paradise Valley Cubs
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm just hoping to find at what day and time can i draft a new player...when it actually starts? Thanks.
nxck98

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Probably next Friday. Sims had to be run for prospects.

Previous Page | Show All |