nxck98

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Title says it all.
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Hey I'm glad to help, anything specific you wanna ask?

A few things I noticed:

1. Your upper minors are barren. I'd go Asian round 1 in the draft and then college for rounds 2-4 to help that.

2. Put in some waiver claims. The first round of claims is tonight.

Use the following filters to help round out your minors:

Position: NP
SI: 75+
Hitting: 9+
POT: 13+

and

Position: P
SI: 80+
Control: 11+
POT: 12+

That should give you a good start. Look for players with a positive hitting comment. (great is best, then very good, then good.)

For pitchers, look for guys with low defense, and preferably high movement or control. "Throw All Day" is also a red flag.

3. Keep an eye out for a better manager. You want player development to be at least 15, but honestly most good teams have an 18 or 19. The actual managing stats don't really matter that much, just try and get good player development first and pitcher second.

4. Sign some pitching. Your pitching staff is honestly pretty weak, just put in some claims using some filter like this:

Position: P
SI: 100+
Control: 12+
Salary: <= 2.0m

Look for guys with low defensive stats, as that means their SI won't be tied up in defense.

5. Play guys who are near the majors or just starting the majors in spring training. They will typically be around 23-27 yeras old. Those guys should have the first dibs on spring spots. Then, just fill it in with younger prospects.

6. Sign a backup catcher. Potts is not gonna cut it. He could make a good 1B, but not a catcher. A catcher should have at least a 15 arm, if not better (and typically they should have bad fielding and range, although I played a 15 fielding catcher for a few seasons).

7. Cut Salvador Tejada. He will never be a decent hitter. Sign a shortstop to replace him. For a shortstop, you want first and foremost position experience at shortstop, and then 15+ in every defense stat.

8. MAKE SURE ALL OF YOUR INFIELDERS THROW WITH THEIR RIGHT HAND I CAN'T OVERSTATE THE IMPORTANCE OF THIS.

9. Make sure you have no more than 49 players on your roster at all times so waivers can go through.

10. Cut Svendsen and find a couple good infielders on waivers. Look for guys at 2B with 15+ fielding and range, and guys at 3B with 15+ fielding and arm.

Updated Monday, May 27 2019 @ 8:21:26 pm PDT

Updated Monday, May 27 2019 @ 8:41:24 pm PDT

Previous Page | Show All |