Help

Forum >> Help >> Team Help   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
chiefsperrt

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I am a new player and need help with my team.
nxck98

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Just took at your team, here's my advice.

Woody- cut (bad salary, bad arm for C)
Dickerson- not a good hitter, but decent slugger
Won Chung- cut (old and not good enough fielder to be a SS)
Melendez- cut (P with bad movement and velocity)
Luque- cut (not good in any stats except movement, and too old)
Rosales- good and young. Try him as a 3B with that fielding and arm.

Mulligan- excellent. Play him every game if possible
Garcia, O'Hara, Bishop- should be nice in the future. Bishop should not be in the majors right now (AA maybe).

Reyna- cut. Never will be a decent hitter.
Gardiner- cut. Not a good hitter.
Lloyd- cut. No scouting report
Tuinstra- cut. Too old to be in minors and not a good hitter
Ciacci & Roman- cut both. Bad POT (10).
Cameron- cut. Bad POT (11)
Nunez- cut. Bad POT.
Torres- cut. Bad POT.

Hickman- excellent prospect.

All your prospects should have at least 12 POT. Players should have a comment that they will be a )good, very good, great) hitter and maybe one abount being a good fielder.
For pitchers, you want a comment saying they can be a strike out pitcher, or either have a good fastball, curveball, slider, breaking ball, etc. If it says they have control issues, don't sign.

You need younger players in your minor league system, look for guys under 24 with 12 POT.

Overall, not bad.
chiefsperrt

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
thank you for the feedback
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
POT is not always accurate. Build and performance are much more important indicators. 12 POT is a good target, but I wouldn't necessarily cut a guy just because he has 11 POT.
nxck98

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Can someone take a look at my team and tell me what I should draft tomorrow? Thanks
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
chiefsperrt - I'll offer you my thoughts, for what they're worth.

Manager: Webber is really good, but he's making $6.1M which is huge for any level, but too much for your level (League VI). I'd look for someone younger unless you really have the finances to keep Webber.

Ballpark: Your ballpark is too big. You can't fill a 30,000 seater stadium in LLVI, so cut it down to 17,500 (check the Help guide for the Manual, it has some useful info).

C: You really don't have anything here. Reyna has position eligibility but really can't hit, and what use is a hitter who can't hit? You need someone with good or better hitting and a 16+ Arm. Cerda is probably your best bet right now, though it'll take a while to get position eligibility.

1B: Guzman should be your starter here, really good hitter with no fielding for anywhere else - he shouldn't be playing OF. Dickerson is a cut, some power but really can't hit so he is of no use. Chung is no use, he's a cut. Rosales might be okay with enough playing time, okay hitter and plenty power and he's younger than Guzman. His 19 Arm could play at C and although lefty throwers aren't meant to play C in this game I haven't noticed a real dropoff (I have a lefty catcher myself). Lavoie isn't an OF, no Range, so he's a 1B or DH. Argueta is another option here, and you can always play one of these guys at DH - just beware that you have more of these guys than you have positions for, so you may have to cut someone to make room.

2B: Torres, nice fielder and you don't have anyone else. Bustamante only if injuries strike (see SS below).

3B: Sugi*beep*a is a decent 3B if not for the fact he can't hit enough.

SS: Mulligan is your best player, stick him at SS and leave him there, no point playing him anywhere else. Bustamante doesn't have the glove for either SS or 2B, way too many errors, but you could play him in CF or RF (position eligibility isn't important in the OF).

OF: Bustamante in one position (CF or RF), and Cordova in the other. I'd play Dekker in LF and have Ortiz and Barrera as reserves.

Pitching. Your pitching is getting old but pitching isn't easy to replace, and you have some issues.

Wilson is too old and costs too much, I'd move on. Cordova doesn't look good but seems to be effective. Hall isn't good - control issue pitchers are usually best avoided. Enriquez isn't great and gives up too many homers. Leach doesn't have velocity or movement, those guys are trouble. Banks and Hardin might be decent, but why are you paying nearly $8M in salary to two pitchers? You shouldn't really be paying anyone over $2M at your level unless they're studs like Milligan. Romero isn't great, might be better in small doses ie. in the bullpen. Garza gives up too many homers but is good otherwise and you don't have many better options. Pierce might work out but I think he's garbage. Haraguchi is decent but again, salary. Kojima is bad, bad, bad. Barrera has low Movement which means he'll always be homer-prone, but he's a good pitcher.

Minors

You want hitters who can hit, and preferably with power. A good fielder is important at SS. You want pitchers who have an out pitch (fastball and/or breaking ball).

AAA
Jin and Holguin are both instant cuts.
Harrison is probably a cut too. I never look at pitchers who are less than 12 POT (potential).
Bishop, Costantini and Taveras are fine for now.

AA
Jarrett, O'Hara, Diaz are all cuts. I don't rate Takeda or Lucero either, no out pitch and too many points in stamina or fielding.
Garcia is fine but needs promoted to AAA.
Winfield long term will probably be homer prone.
Capps is okay.
Alicea is an instant cut - "never be a decent hitter" is to be avoided at all costs, unless its on an elite-level SS (which he isn't).
Hickman has the makings of a fine power-hitting OF, just don't play him in the middle infield with that poor fielding skill, he'll be a liability. Broken Bat is all about assigning players to positions that suit their skill set.
Janssen is really nice! Great hitting and prolific slugging is the dream hitter scenario, and he's developing well. I'd play him at 1B for now as he already has full OF eligibility, and he'll be a star for you down the line.

A
What's Woody even doing here? Cut him!
Glover is also an instant cut.
Vera looks like a borderline OF but you may as well keep him for now.

You have a bunch of guys taking up roster space who are of no use. I'd cut all the instant cuts now and make some room on your roster for better players. Look what I said at the start of the Minors report and go with that as best you can for starters.

If you need more just ask, and don't worry about asking the same things over again, we're here to help. :)

Previous Page | Show All |