Help

Forum >> Help >> Starter?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Mojak81

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Any thoughts on using a guy with a stamina less than 10 as a starter?

http://brokenbat.org/player/145911

I use this guy as a really good closer (as long as he doesn't pitch like he did last year), but I keep wondering if I'm short-changing myself with the number of innings he gets in.

Thinking about it, I have some dependable arms in the bullpen that should be able to close out the game after the 7th or even 6th. On principle, I just like my starters to go 7 or 8.
nxck98

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Keep him in the bullpen. If he gets starter time, his performances will worsen as he doesn't have as much stamina to maintain his quality.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Closers are more important than Starters because they pitch in more critical innings. Starters eat up a lot of retrospectively "lost cause" innings.

If you set him to come into the game in the 8th inning as a Closer, he could get a comparable amount of innings as he would as a Starter anyhow.
amalric7

New York Lancers
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
My man Baird started 31 games in Legends last season with a 7 Stamina (he's now moving to the pen). He always seemed to play best as a starter - the few occasions I tried him in LR never seemed to work, and I figured I'd much rather have 6-7 solid innings from him as a starter than have him come in as relief to pitch 1-2 innings in a game that could go either way.

It depends on what your options are really - short of starters then stick him in the rotation with a pitch count (100 max); plenty of starter options stick him in the pen.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I play my 15 stamina guys for 100 pitches... Folks definitely have different strategies with pitching ;)

Previous Page | Show All |