Help

Forum >> Help >> 2B, or not a 2B - Boulder has many questions!   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I can't stand Shakespeare, however it seemed an appropriate title.....

Due to a combination of poor planning and poor luck, Boulders outlook at 2B this season (and maybe for a few to come) is bleak at best. Looking for feedback on a few options I have.

Current starter: Camacho

Good:
Switch hitter
V Good hitter
15 range - enough to get by but that's about it
17 speed which he appears to use very well
Fully trained at 2B

Bad:
85SI at 27 yo
Missed a chunk of time in AAA
Starts the season with a fielding rating of 10
Low OBP likely which goes against how Boulder likes to play

Back up: Harrison

Good:
Best defensive option I've got
Looks like he may be able to get around my desired .750OPS v LHP
Bad:
Expensive back up
Dudes 35 already!
Has no SS training as a back up

Options:

Goodwin

Good:
Lefty swinger
Trained at 2B
Good FB rate in the minors

Bad:
Only a 'solid' fielder
Lots of SI tied up in BC and Speed which he doesn't use
27 years old and still needs 12 SI to reach pot.
Will need a platoon partner - likely Harrison

Guajardo

Good:
A better version of Goodwin in ALMOST every way
Lefty swinger
Excellent FB rates
Has a little pop in his bat
Outstanding fielder

Bad:
Has NO training at 2B. In fact the only position training he has at all are for C and 1B, his two worst positions
Will need a platoon partner - Harrison again.
Hitting likely maxes at 10

Minors:

Blackburn

Good:
He's my first NZ position player!
89 SI at 24 and still gaining well
Hits LHP well

Bad:
12 pot - lowest on the list
Below par defensively with only a 'solid' fielding comment and 14 range
Probably best used in a platoon
Not trained at 2B or able to be used as a back up SS
Only a 'good' hitter

Coyle

Good:
15 pot
Amazing fielder - more likely an SS than a 2B

Bad:
Under developed
Poor minor league numbers
Not trained at either SS or 2B

Wright:

Good:
Has a hitting comment
Already trained at 2B and learning SS
May be able to steal 20 bases a year

Bad:
60 SI at 22 - he needs to gain 10 per season to even have a shot and has so far been a slow grower
Above average potential
More likely to end up at SS to replace Fallows given his age and timeframe to the majors.

I've sought a couple of opinions already but I think the more the merrier in this case - who would you play/cut/build towards? Cheers!
FreddyTheEye

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Of the listed players I'd go with one of:

http://brokenbat.org/player/118966
http://brokenbat.org/player/154796
http://brokenbat.org/player/145275
http://brokenbat.org/player/123498
http://brokenbat.org/player/114117

*sends roll of duct tape*
-tape somebody up and send them out there! LOL

:-)

Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd start Harrison for this season and train Blackburn at 2B since he has a little bit of experience there. I'd also keep Wright for the future.

Camacho needs about a season in AAA and at 27, I don't think he'll play a game in AAA.
xLee227

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Oof that's a tough situation...I think an important factor would be whether you envision being competitive for the division title - personally, I'd platoon Harrison/Goodwin if my goals are more short-term, or platoon Guajardo/Blackburn if I'm looking more long-term and live with the consequences as they both learn 2B. I have a hard time envisioning Camacho as a feasible option - he has almost no reps in AAA and I don't think it's an accident he spent most of the 2040 season unsigned.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Goodness JJNZ. You need to have a yard sale. :)

I think the best option is Waverly Herse.
amalric7

New York Lancers
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
OH MY EYES.

They're all terrible, bar Coyle who looks like the future. I'd follow one of @Freddy's suggestions and try and sign former Lancer :D Barry for now, best combo of hitting, power, speed and fielding at both positions, to hold the fort until Coyle is ready.

The rest are all bums for me. You don't fancy a 2B that can hit? Must be something in the water in Miss...erm, I mean...Boulder. ;)
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I do have to apologise, I should've put a disclaimer before posting those links. Something like 'This will hurt not only your eyes but also your soul....."

Camacho earned enough of a look that he got to see cup action today - he's no longer a Free Zoner after that effort......

The Goodwin/Harrison combo get their chance on an equally short leash starting today.

Freddy - I don't like any of those vet's enough to justify holding off playing time for anyone who has room to grow (and also because you found them!) - but thanks for the effort :)

PC - thanks for the feedback on Wright, glad I'm not wasting space on him!

Lee - I think you're right on the long-term prospects, hence the short leash on the current platoon combo, watch this space!

Seca - the issue with holding a yard sale is that you have to have items that people want to purchase - I couldn't give away most of these guys even with a free bucket of KFC

amalric - what is a 2B that can hit?! I don't understand this concept. I can put together an all-star team from players that have played for Missoula/Boulder over the years - at every position but 2B, I don't have a single memorable 2B over 20+ seasons. Clearly an error with the user!

Thanks for the feedback team, appreciate it :)

Previous Page | Show All |