Help

Forum >> Help >> Pitching lineup   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
thothok

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hi guys, I'm a newbye.

Who can check my pitching lineup and give me some advise?

thank You in advance for your help.

bye
nxck98

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Can someone also swing me advice about my pitching? Thanks
Yuri84

Apple Valley Raccoons
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
@thothok:

Your pitching looks ok to me, but some improvement can be made.
First, I would release Sam. He's really bad. Low control pitchers should be avoided unless they're somehow putting good numbers, and this is definitely not the case with Sam.
Look for replacement starter on waiver wire or slot Del Valle there for some quick SI gain. His stamina is a bit low but it shouldn't be a big deal.
Your other four starters are fine.

As for your bullpen, Haas is also low control guy so LR is probably the best he can do. A shame really, since his other stats are very good.
Aguilera could use more playing time so I would switch him from SET2 to MR2.

Then, you have a very good potential starter in AAA (Rogers). Wait for him to get ready for majors (should be soon enough, perhaps even this season) and let him start. Basso, on the other hand, is bad and there's no point holding onto him.
Yuri84

Apple Valley Raccoons
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
@nxck98:
I'm not a fan of Cuellar as a starter (high velocity/low control is a bad combo for a starter), Kowalski should be a better option (younger and plenty of SI to gain). I would put Cuellar to MR instead.

Would probably replace Macias with Choi as well for a quick SI gain, and put Macias to LR instead.

That said, I don't really like at least half of your pitchers, so look for better options whenever you can. :) Back when I started playing BB, I saw someone saying that the sum of a pitcher's first 4 skills should be at least 50, and I think it's a good basic guideline to follow.

Updated Friday, June 21 2019 @ 3:20:04 am PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Haas tore up the minor leagues. I don't think below average control is necessarily a deal breaker for a starter. I think Haas could grow into a very effective Starter. He probably isn't there yet though, so LR is probably a good spot for him this year. Spot Starters don't get a lot of play time unless you are doing a 6 man rotation. If you aren't doing a 6 man rotation I would only put a guy at SS if you have an extra guy with no need for SI growth.
thothok

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thank all of you!

Previous Page | Show All |