Help

Forum >> Help >> Age or Rough Start to Season?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Ruff has been a very good pitcher throughout his career and was also an All-Star last season. Can anyone help me figure out why he's doing so poorly this season? He's 32, but he didn't have a huge drop in skills this past off-season.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
This is probably the most challenging parts of the game. Did the guy fall off a cliff, or just small sample size.

One thing to consider with any 30+ year old player is that the accuracy of the decline is not 100%. A sub-level drop of .8 points might look like a drop of 0.

Its hard to say with Ruff. His numbers aren't horribly off from last year. He did visibly decline, so I would expect to see some decline. He is having a really bad year for hits, but maybe that is just small sample size? Reality is probably some where in the middle. He is probably much worse than last year, but not as bad as his numbers look (His K/BB ratio is still pretty strong). I would venture he can get his ERA back to the low-mid 4.00s by the end of the season if you keep him starting. Probably not the super star he has been, but still probably worth keeping in the rotation for this season at least.

Previous Page | Show All |