Help

Forum >> Help >> Back away from the ledge or jump off it?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
dsz071

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Holy hell, I don't even know where to start... I am beyond frustrated with my team right now. The only thing I know is that I have no idea what to do. We started out absolutely on fire. Went 25-6 to win 8 out of 9 series to start the season. Since then we've gone 16-23 and lost 7 out of 10 series.

Did I expect to play .800 all season? No. But I also don't think I have a sub .500 in LLVI team either. This is my 7th season with this team. I started 7 spots from the bottom of the BB rankings and have slowly worked my way up. I was mildly disappointed last season to finish 3rd after two straight 2nd place finishes. I was thinking that this year MAY be the year I finally take this group to LLV. Now I'm not so sure. I'm not sure who to play or sit. I'm not sure who to keep or release. After the last couple weeks I'm not even sure I want to keep playing.

****ing frustrated!
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Looks like you are playing .600 ball. That is incredibly good. Unlikely to be sustained, but #1 is definitely within grasp. Never a good idea to focus on local minimums. Your team is playing .600 which is great, not sub .500.
dsz071

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I was talking about sub 500 for the last 40 games. I don't know. Yesterday was a weird day. It's been a weird couple of weeks, personally. Lots of real life crap to deal with. I probably shouldn't have posted but I needed to vent and my dog doesn't really give a damn about my BB team... Anyway...
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
That's the local minimum I was talking about. Baseball is a frustrating game of ups and downs. A lot of games come down to a lucky hit at the right time. Your team is doing well overall. No reasons to be discouraged yet. Try swapping out a couple of the colder guys if you like, but make sure you get your core guys back in before too long.
allen54chevy

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
When i was in LVI and LV it seemed like my team would have monster streaks.
Hang on through it. Tinker a little with line up and getting young guys a few at bats.

But mostly back away from the ledge.
amalric7

New York Lancers
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Definitely back away.

You obviously know what you're doing, got a good team who are playing well (112 homers!). In second place just 3 games back with plenty to play for. Your main problem is that your biggest Rival (McKinney) also have a veteran manager and better pitching - just keep duking it out and may the best team win. Flagstaff look like they're going bot and are seriously old.

It's just nature of the game that sometimes you'll come up against a really strong divisional rival, and one of you is going to hurt - the other will have to make up for it next season.

Previous Page | Show All |