Help

Forum >> Help >> Bullpen question?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
dsz071

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Why does my LR come in, and stay in... in this situation? No one in my bullpen appears overly fatigued. RHS2 is injured so he gets a pass but wtf?

I went and changed the fatigue limit on a couple guys but I've never had that happen quite like that before. Not in like 15 seasons. I don't know.

Updated Thursday, July 11 2019 @ 6:13:26 pm PDT
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Without knowing your settings, no one can say. You should say why he shouldn't have stayed in. Did he reach his pitch count max? Did he reach his hook? If neither happened, he wouldn't be removed.

Updated Thursday, July 11 2019 @ 11:58:21 pm PDT
dsz071

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, I kind of forgot all that stuff in my post. His hook is 4 with a pitch count of 20. He pitched 1 1/3 inning before this one and given up no runs. I have the guy I want closing (Peng) set at -1 and we were farther behind than that. One guy (Brandt) was injured and Park and O'Brien had already pitched. That leaves Degeno and Ono that could have come in. Unless my manager just said screw it... I don't know. Like I said, I changed a couple settings in management so hopefully it doesn't happen again.

Top 9th: Greenville
Beaumont takes the mound to pitch.
DeJesus grounds to the pitcher. DeJesus is thrown out at first by Beaumont.
Merrill comes in to pinch hit for Valdes.
Merrill strikes out.
Price hits a home run to right field of 332 feet. <-- 22 pitches
Holguin draws a walk.
Hatcher hits a ground ball single through to right field. Holguin advances to second base.
Rodriguez hits a single to right field. Holguin comes in to score. Hatcher advances to third base. <-- 4 hook reached
Little hits a ground ball single through to right field. Hatcher comes in to score. Rodriguez advances to third base.
Irvine hits a ground ball single to second base. Rodriguez comes in to score. Little advances to second base.
Muse draws a walk.
DeJesus hits a home run to left field of 335 feet. Little comes in to score. Irvine comes in to score. Muse comes in to score.
Merrill pops out to third base.
Greenville 13, Independence 3

Updated Friday, July 12 2019 @ 5:17:40 am PDT
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Those two are set-up guys. They will be reserved for closer games. With larger negative RD settings they could come in. Realize, though, that they would have come in before Beaumont if you had settings like that. That seems good for that game, but do you want them coming in games when trailing by several runs or would you prefer for them to be used in obvious crucial situations. I don't think I'd want Ono or Peng coming in when down more than one or two. They're too valuable to be throwing in games that have a likely negative outcome.

Updated Friday, July 12 2019 @ 8:30:29 am PDT
dsz071

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
The more I thought about it after reading your last post the more I realize it probably went down how I would prefer. I think I just got confused because I was only down by 3 at that time but it was the 9th and huge rallies aren't that common so... I'm fine. Thanks for helping me look at it differently.

Previous Page | Show All |