Help

Forum >> Help >> Home field Advantage?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
StretchDynamo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
So my team is 9 games over .500 on the season thus far, but we are 12 games over .500 on the road and 2 games under at home. This may sound a bit tedious, but could someone with outside eyes take a look at my team and my ballpark and see if my team configuration would be better suited for different ballpark dimensions?

I figure it's either something I can alter and make adjustments on, or just a random anomaly for this season. Thanks in advance!
BUDude

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Your hitters do tend to be marginally better on the road than at home, while your pitchers post slightly better numbers at home. So you're probably playing in a home park that slightly favors pitchers, but I'm not sure a -2 difference at home is really that strong an indication that it's a bad thing.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Probably just luck of the draw. So much depends on your competition, so its hard to tell just by looking at your team alone. You have a hitters park, but your pitchers seem to keep the ball in the park ok.

You have super rangy OFs, which means it is good to have the larger field, but most of your HR hitters are fly ball guys. With those hitters I would usually prefer a shorter field with higher walls. So some conflicting style there between defense and offense.

Your FP is pretty average, so again its down to your opponents. A dome may be better with your strong defensive outfield. Turf can help out for weaker defensive infields, or if your team has difficulty getting on base.

Again, depends on the competition, but assuming you have an advantage in range in the outfield you might try increasing the foul territory. Then again, that might hurt your fly ball hitters...

Previous Page | Show All |