Help

Forum >> Help >> What should I do?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Chase1butler

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
My team won 96 games last year and this year we’ve played very poorly. I don’t know what to do moving forward. Is there any player I should I keep or cut including the farm system. I just need some fresh eyes to look at my team
tamale

Concord Jets
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Having faced the Piranhas a few times over the seasons I'll have a quick look. But whenever I've seen this question asked, I've found that without a deeper understanding of the players, their performance, and how they fit together as a team it's hard to give many specific recommendations.

The jump from VI to V can be large, and to compete at that level you need players who can hit for average and OBP. You've been let down by the likes of Hernandez, Haller, Chapin, and Cano at offence-first positions. All of these guys are lacking in either hitting or PD. I'm not a believer in Rowland, Chano, Matsui, and Sewell for similar reasons. Of course, you can't cut all of these guys at once, so I'd keep those that fill defensive needs and keep looking out for better hitters in waivers and FA. In general, I wouldn't take anyone with less than "very good" hitting scout reports, unless they can play SS or 2B, and would try to sign guys that are also training well in PD.

On the plus side, it looks like you have plenty of decent arms. Tillman is a glorified BP pitcher with his HR rate, and Haney isn't worth what you're paying him, but it looks good otherwise!

In the minors, with the new potential system, I would focus on players with good performance and scouting reports, and not necessarily the POT number. Again, it looks like you could use some better hitters. Fontanot and van Houton are immediate cuts, and I'd keep a close eye on those without positive hitting comments. For pitchers, I would generally look for players with great scout reports (e.g. Kirk), or those with FIP < 4, and IP/HR > 10. I'm very leery of LHP without a breaking pitch comment, e.g. Reyna, but he may be worth hanging on to.

I hope this helps, and if not I'm sure others will have better advice, good luck!
Chase1butler

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks a lot man!
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I'll just echo tamale's statements, he was spot on (if you were wanting confirmation).

Previous Page | Show All |