Help

Forum >> Help >> Charley Frost - Thoughts?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
robinsmd

Loveland Tigers
V.10

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd be curious to get everyone's thoughts on the player below, Charley Frost. He was a #2 round draft pick a few seasons ago with high potential but a bad hitting comments. I picked him due to the rest of the draft pool being garbage. His defensive stats would make him an elite CF, and his speed makes him a threat on the basepaths, but his offensive attributes leave a lot to be desired. However, his minors stats so far, while not great, arent has horrible as I thought they'd be.

I'd be curious to hear other's thoughts on where they think his attributes might end up, and if you think he'll have any use on a big league roster in the future.

https://brokenbat.org/player/319312
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I would have skipped the pick. Like I did this year.

His discipline growth is really good, but his Hitting is flat lined. I find it hard to count on just BB. Even though it looks like most BB get him to 2B.

Given his flatlined Hitting, I expect his AVE will get worse and worse as he progresses through the minors.

Updated Friday, June 16 2023 @ 9:38:46 am PDT
hardhat

Oceanview Woods Grizzlies
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Let's say he drops to 14 POT (very likely) and gets to 114 SI, this would be the rough estimation of his attributes:

7/12/15/11
with 18 fielding

Maybe he gets to 8 hitting

So yes, he's going to be a very bad hitter although he'll take a walk.
FreddyThe2nd

Tombstone Pistoleros
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I would have picked him and immediately converted him into a SS. Then he may have developed into a useful platoon or back up solid defensive SS / pinch runner etc. who might even help out with the odd double or HR even if he can't really hit at all. A good defensive SS who hits .200 with some power is playable imo.
As a CF he will probably hold up the offence.
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I guess it depends on the make up on the rest of your team somewhat too. If you have FB pitching and a big yard, he's going to be worthwhile with anything above a .650 OPS. He wouldn't fit in with my typical builds, but that's the beauty of the game right!
robinsmd

Loveland Tigers
V.10

Broken Bat Baseball
The problem with turning him into a SS is that he’s left-handed
FreddyThe2nd

Tombstone Pistoleros
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Ha! I stand corrected. Good catch mate!

Previous Page | Show All |