Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> The Venting Thread   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Jason2327

Abilene Patriots
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Once again why I hate the stupid form stat. The cup games put most of ny pitchers into cold status. Season starts, and I'm getting blasted at home in my death valley of a stadium.
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 …I swear, every time there’s a site hiccup and I try logging in and get the account-not-validated error page, I get flashbacks of ’35… x.x
Favuz

Oxnard Sunsets
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Waiver season went horribly, i only took Barrientos (with 50% chance), even i claimed roughly 25 players.

Granted, they were all good players (they went from 7 claimants to 50-60) but still

Let's hope draft season goes better, or i could be in big trouble, at least pitching side, in a couple of years

JV-Tosshin

Biloxi Thresher Sharks
V.15

Broken Bat Baseball
Nothing like dropping 6 runs without getting and out and nothing happening, then you go check the management screen and for some reason, your recent pitching pick-up has gotten a 'default' hook of 12 runs.

Gee, thanks, game engine. I didn't want to win that game anyway.

Seriously, why is THIS guy: https://brokenbat.org/player/326568 Set to that? That's a perfectly natural setting for an MR2 who's gotten a late season call-up for some reps. Not.

Updated Tuesday, March 19 2024 @ 4:26:41 pm PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
The Game Engine didn't set that as a default. It was set by the prior team. When you pick up a player it always keeps the settings from the prior team, so its important to go fix them.

Likely they were still just developing him, and wanted to get him lots of innings in the spring. Then there was no need to change the settings on a minor league player after spring.
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
A Reply and not a Vent

Yeah. I dont ditch too many pitchers in Spring but if I did they would still have infinity hooks and 150 pitch counts. Interestingly there is not separate Spring settings, so changing the settings in your spring roster will change it for them in League as well if they happen to appear in a game.

I wish it were more widespread for teams to look at their minor league position settings. Prospects can come into the league without position knowledge of any realistic position they could play, and especially if older Asian League or International be very difficult to get position training for.
Bennett1717

Green Bay Mavericks
VI.16

Broken Bat Baseball
What’s the point of a pitch limit if the game runs ur pitcher way past it n they get lit up. I set it for 35 the game has this Retard pitch 130 n he gives up 10 runs n his stats are ruined. Fix this *beep* already. Unacceptable.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
The AI manager is focused on winning games, not padding stats. I would be pissed if it behaved the opposite.

In a lost cause game, the AI manager will leave the pitcher in so he doesn't kill the arms of the rest of his bullpen.

Besides, you can't really ruin the stats of a guy who has less than 10 innings pitched. His stats are meaningless at this point anyhow. The only thing padding his stats would do is give him a raise he didn't deserve a the end of the year. And then you would be paying $$$ for a bad pitcher.
Favuz

Oxnard Sunsets
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
More of a fun fuct than a venting, but still:

My 3B Banning hit 26 Home runs this season, but the last one was on 25th of august.

He smacked 26 homers in 5 months, had a minor injury (missed a 4 games series) and went 0 HR in the next 2 months
Hayseed

Hood River Hawks
IV.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I have 8 players on the DL! That is definitely a record for us. Can any proud owner say the have had more?

Previous Page | Show All |