Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> A Study in Player Decline   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Pretty much 4-6 points every year once he starts the "steep" decline.
Benchwarmer

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Goodness. Time to retire. SI of 36, and 100 innings pitched last season for an ERA of 14.
farmer

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
When your age is bigger than your SI its past time to retire.
buffmckagan

Scranton Bears
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Did his owner just stash him in the minors?? Must be our equivalent of Jamie Moyer.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I am curious if he can become the first known case of a player regressing to 0 SI. I hope Green Bay keeps him long enough to find out if/when it can happen.
Philliesworld

Pierre Jacobins
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Wow if this guy plays in the majors this year it looks like my players will get a shot at him. BTW our league is extremely talented in offense, so he will get tore up if he pitches another hundred innings.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
With @shikago's recent posts it reminded me of this... I checked in on Cohen, and he indeed has hit 0 and the results are interesting on the player page.
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 He should be given one more game in the Majors before he’s retired, probably against the likes of West New York, and preferably from the RHS slot with a pitch count of 0 where he won’t likely have a significant impact on the outcome. It would be interesting to have a fully zeroed player get in one last game.
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Huh. Heck of an experiment!
shikago

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Completely missed this thread the first time around. I would've pitched him again in the majors last season had it not been such a tight race. He does always get some innings in spring training though. Maybe on the weekend I'll dig through previous springs. But here's a nice performance from March 19: http://brokenbat.org/game/2536885

It's too bad players 27+ don't get to play in the minors anymore. I'd be curious to see his stats at each level. (rookie to AAA)

Wish I had a 0 skill index position player too. Would such a player even be able to even make contact? Or would every at bat simply result in a strikeout/walk/HBP? What would happen with 0 speed on the base-paths? And so on...

Updated Wednesday, August 16 2017 @ 5:27:32 pm PDT

Previous Page | Show All |