Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Lemon Juice + Paper = Painful Cuts   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Big thumbs up for finding a 31 yr old 11 pot gem. :)

That speed tho ...
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/player/176126
Cutting payroll he can still play ball.
Got a 28yo who will get full season if he hits more than allowed passed balls and errors oh yea did I mention his 11arm 18% caught stealing. Anyway catcher situation is going to be interesting at least.
Brewnoe

Fall River Naughty Dawgs
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
Guess even the turtle got mad
Midas Mulligan

Goldsboro Goldbugs
V.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I love this guy, but he's gotta go, as I am stacked up at 1B. have a good career, dude with a great name:

Harley England
Code:
http://brokenbat.org/player/251550

Updated Friday, January 1 2021 @ 9:39:20 pm PST
Hayseed

Hood River Hawks
IV.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Ouch. I raised the white flag.
I just cut my MVP, The Walrus, from last season to make room for kids. He is the best leadoff hitter in team history, maybe our best steal and one of my favorites.
Brewnoe

Fall River Naughty Dawgs
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
Cutting "T-Bone" Christian Cordova
gives me existential blues (pt2)

Favuz

Oxnard Sunsets
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Put a claim on Dill thinking "i'll never land him, but it's worth a try".

Happens that i get him, and after a day of thinking i have decided to cut Ratliff to make him room, only because i have a logjam at 1B/DH and he really can't play in the OF

He's one of best 11 pot i've ever seen (and when i picked him if was a 12), i think he can be a DH/1B for any team.

Painful cut, really painful.
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Been there. I advised Pratt for awhile to cut Dill as he was such a tweener in many respects. Not surprising he was quite shiny on waivers. While I am not losing sleep over clearing 5 spots from 50 for the flip, having 5 claims whiff (6 or less claims on each down to a 2) yesterday hurts.

Instead of giving Pags a chance to at least try to play in off lineups, his decline to 15 range was the main factor. Sioux City and one other team were apparently willing to pay him 4.5M. His decline at 31 (along with Mares) I feel are the biggest factors in demoting. Hard to let the guys who helped you get to league championships go. Nunez had been declining since 31 and by now his SI lost was severe at 11. He was among my best pitchers last season, though I have to say his whole career was below what I hoped. Unlike Pags he was cheap for Plantation to sign. Lockhart was an old guy who's development was fine, but lost a speed at only 29. Lost a decent base stealer. Now with Yuma. Donnelly I cut at the conclusion of last season. Right handed OF have a hard time getting my love anyway, and I feel like he's had 1000 AB so he is who he is. Sure he might have a good season here or there but I feel like it would be an outlier. He went to RCR. So, outliers, its like the 2nd player I drafted in my first full draft (2051), Coronado, which is also the only the time the pitcher pool early got me something decent...8 seasons in the bigs, tried him as a SP, mediocre to bad, SET since 2058, 2 of the 6 seasons he was good. 30 and not declined as of yet, so SIXTY TWO CLAIMS!!!! With the release of Shanks last season, I pretty much have no base stealing at all.

Youth movement underway, if you can call a lot of 25-27 years olds "youth"

Updated Wednesday, April 3 2024 @ 6:38:20 pm PDT
Favuz

Oxnard Sunsets
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah Dill it's definitely a tweener. Not enough fielding to play 1B, not enough range to play OF and too many fielding points wasted to play DH. I'll play him in RF for this season, he should overcome with his bat his lack of Range. Could move him to 1B in the future though

Brewnoe

Fall River Naughty Dawgs
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball

Hard to let the guys who helped you get to league championships go.

If you think that's hard, try dropping guys that have a couple cup wins ;)

Previous Page | Show All |