Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> You gotta hate hindsight   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm pretty sure there are no manager tendencies in this game. Every manager uses the same AI, so the only difference is how much of a bonus they provide. Hogan provides a huge bonus to both pitching and player development. He is leaps and bounds better than your previous manager.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
My biggest regret is Parra.

He joined the Dinos in my very first batch of waiver claims. I only kept him a short time. I believe I cut him b/c I felt he could only DH, and I didn't want a DH with a 16 arm.

But he grew into a prototypical lead-off guy, which is something the Dinos have lacked every season I've had the team aside from 2019.

I've put a claim on Parra each time he's been available, but I think he may bear hard feelings for the Dinos as he's had little inclination to rejoin the team.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Manager tendencies have been replaced by the current system. This way you're given maximum control on what happens on the field. Managers are effectively just different types of players now.

Steve
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
LOL. Yeah I was lucky Cox didn't bear a grudge against me.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
It looks like the scouting reports for managers are every bit as unreliable as they are for players. Actually, they appear to be even worse.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Na. Its simply a set range. I bet they are 100% accurate. Its just that "Very good" could be a range from 15-20. So a guy with 15 is going to reveal a lot slower than a guy with 20. So if you're revealing at less then half the rate of another manager, then you know you've got a stinker.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Wouldn't exactly call 15 a "stinker" just less good than the other guy.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Right, but compared to other options. My Good/Above Avg/Above Avg/Very Good could translate to:

15/13/11/15

While a brand new Good/Above Avg/Avg/Very Good guy could translate to:

17/13/10/17

Which is why I made the switch. If you know a player is going to grade out on the low side of his scouting, another player might be better even if their scouting report isn't as optimal.

Hogan I expect is probably going to be:

12/12/20/17

Updated Thursday, February 11 2016 @ 6:32:36 am PST
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Pretty sure Niwa is going to be a 18 or 19 in player development, with no negatives. That is all I care about so I'm probably going to stick with him until the end of Broken Bat.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, that would be my guess on Niwa as well. I'd really like a manager with high player dev too. I could tell that my old manager was never going to get there.

Previous Page | Show All |