Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Minor league proportion   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Favuz

Oxnard Sunsets
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
not considering a 26yo P who i'll promote at the end of the spring training, i've got 10P and 11NP.

a couple of season ago i was heavy on hitters, but last position player i kept has been on 2024 Rd#2
5L1NK

Farmington Hills Cardinals
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Rockin 10 Pitchers and 13 NP. Hitters are a dime a dozen so all my waiver claims end up being hitters nowadays.
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
9P/7F
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
7P, 14NP

I like to be diverse in positional coverage, but a pitcher is just a pitcher.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
8 P, 14 NP

Really was trying to find a pitching prospect this off-season, but simply could not win one.
garfscores

Battle Creek Sting
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
Pitching wins championships:

12 P and 11 NP

Also, I've found it easier to find NP on the waiver wire to fill majors slots and I have a hard time letting go of any 12 POT or higher pitcher.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
What I find alarming about my minor pitchers is the proportion of lefties to righties. Almost even.

I used to release my worst lefties and try to find comparable righties to keep the ratio about 3:1. But that is a dangerous game I don't play anymore.
Favuz

Oxnard Sunsets
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I've got the opposite problem, my minor league pitchers are all righties, last lefty i drafted was in 2018.

Now my LOOGY is 30 and i'll need to find a replacement in next 2-3 seasons (find a decent lefty reliever is not so tough as a starter anyway).

For hitters is another thing, i have too many lefties (but in this case i think it's better :D).

buffmckagan

Scranton Bears
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Follow-up question: What do you guys think is generally a good ratio? Obviously, each team is different due to needs, but I was just wondering what you guys thought in general
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Kind of depends on a variety of factors. In theory you probably want more position players, but it depends on the ages of your major league position players and pitchers, how likely each prospect is to do well (there are no "can't miss" guys, but there are some that are far more likely to succeed than others), and what your team's relative strengths and weaknesses are.

I know that isn't a hard answer, but I don't think there is a single "correct" ratio.

Previous Page | Show All |