Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Spring training   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Dcmrulz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
T-Rod out for 5 days. but other than that, he and delaney are crushing it. Can't say the same about the rest of the team, however.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Got some pops, not from all the guys I was hoping, but hopefully those skills will pop next week. What was with all my pitchers popping fielding this week? It seems like my coaching staff apparently have been trying to improve the defense even more by having the pitchers take ground ball practice... not how the owner envisioned an improved defense, but I won't fire everyone for it until it actually fails.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Wow! Yeah, good job with Lawson. On the verge of POT 14 and he still doesn't have the dreaded "learned all he can" tag. Looks like rescued him just in time. Going to be a sweat CF.
buffmckagan

Scranton Bears
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball

3-18 for the Eagles... :-(

Steve

Steve, I wasn't aware you had a team in Broken Bat! I thought you ran the UCLA team and stayed independent of the rest of us. That's really cool.

12-14 currently. As long as we grow as a team, I don't really put too much weight on wins and losses. And a lot of prospects improved, so I can't complain
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
How about posting Spring Stars?

I had two guys that were itching to get playing time in the bigs late last season, but were denied their opportunity due to a highly contested pennant run (that failed, I might add).

Solis started 6 games and went 6-0 with a 0.83 ERA, .101 BAA and 0.508 WHIP.

Burks only had 76 at bats, but scored 21 runs, nailed 4 homers, had 28 RBI, while hitting .434 and slugging .750.
Favuz

Oxnard Sunsets
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
spring training went 15-15 was a 6-11 at one point, but record is meaningless after all.

202 runs scored 178 taken, +24 not bad.

Good hitting, 844 ops. too many ground balls as usual (same as major league roster).

Bad pitching, 5.03 ERA,4.73 FIP and 1.5 whip.

Notable players

Gill and Pratt went both over 1.000 ops with 100 AB, curious thing is that i'll probably have to release one of the two during the season (unless draft goes really bad in the remaining picks :D).

as for pitchers Cardenal and McGuire went really good, with ERA under 3.00. They will never be stars, they are very undeveloped, but could be useful players.
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
We went 12-18, but one thing I really liked was that 4 out my 6 starters had sub 3 ERA's. :) The future is looking bright in Chandler.
Jason2327

Abilene Patriots
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Went 19-11. pretty nice spring. young talent looks good.
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
20-10 great spring for Condors
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I had solid pitching, and decent offense, but since the level of competition was all over the place, and the guys who performed poorly mostly had current SI under 50, the entire process was important for one reason, young players developed. The only reason I kind of care who people play is because when someone misses the opportunity to play their minor league guys, especially the ones who are behind in development, they lose out on developing players the best that they can, which can lead to more underdeveloped players flooding waivers, and more claims on the guys who actually have a shot at hitting their potential. I realize there are a couple possible logical fallacies in there, that is why I only "kind of care".

Previous Page | Show All |